Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

There are no cushy gigs at college powerhouses. What Saban does is as difficult as what Belichick does.

• Alabama was 67-45 with 2 bowl wins in the 10 years before Saban.
  • LSU was 54-58 with 3 bowl wins in 10 years before Saban.
  • Saban built Michigan State to 10 wins for the first time since 1965

Chargers are really just a 500 ball club. The offense is great, but the defense and ST are just bad (Geez, where have I seen that before....). Staley being aggressive has given them an extra 2 wins that they wouldn't have with Lynn. But this is an average team. 

Just now, game3525 said:

Chargers are really just a 500 ball club. The offense is great, but the defense and ST are just bad (Geez, where have I seen that before....). Staley being aggressive has given them an extra 2 wins that they wouldn't have with Lynn. But this is an average team. 

A very average team that could very likely win the division 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Reilly more than likely will be paid $10m plus, twice as much as half of the coaches in the league. Hell be there as long as he wants and will run the ship however he chooses. USC is one of a handful of college jobs on par with NFL jobs, when you factor in job stability I’d say it’s a better job than at least a handful of NFL gigs. Also, LA. 

I'm not disagreeing with MOST of those points. But I'm saying if you want to really try to prove how good you are as a football coach, you go to the NFL. Without that there's no way to know. The NCAA is just an entirely different game basically. Boosters, recruiting, scheduling. You get to stack the deck massively in your favor at a big program and basically run your own isolated kingdom. In the NFL you're basically on, more or less, an even playing field. Put up or shut up.

2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

I'm ready to move on from a lot of players on D. Maybe even make a few trades. First things first Campbell needs to be shipped out of L.A