Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't hate the call to go for it there. I think teams actually need to be more aggressive to go for it in that spot 

If they had been doing a bit better today I agree but when you're struggling, I'd rather take the points.

leave it to Shurmur to have a successful run game that gets you up 14-0 and then abandon it.

I don't hate the call to go for it there. I think teams actually need to be more aggressive to go for it in that spot 

It was the right decision. It just didn’t work out. When you’re down by two scores, kicking a FG with two yards to go and still making it a two score game isn’t helpful.

• Like 2

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

Vikings are a real threat.

They have some huge weaknesses though. They are basically are basically going as far as Thielen / Kirk / JJ can carry them. The defense is meh...the offensive line is just flat out bad...Cook can't really get going because of the offensive line. I won't rule out a Giants like run in the post season, but they really strike me as a team that is going to upend a really good team in one week and then get thumped the next week in teh playoffs. 

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If they had been doing a bit better today I agree but when you're struggling, I'd rather take the points.

leave it to Shurmur to have a successful run game that gets you up 14-0 and then abandon it.

That's where you can certainly make an argument. From what I have caught glimpses of, they are really struggling offensively 

They have some huge weaknesses though. They are basically are basically going as far as Thielen / Kirk / JJ can carry them. The defense is meh...the offensive line is just flat out bad...Cook can't really get going because of the offensive line. I won't rule out a Giants like run in the post season, but they really strike me as a team that is going to upend a really good team in one week and then get thumped the next week in teh playoffs. 

If the DLine was healthy (especially Hunter), then they definitely would be a big threat but at the moment, they are going to struggle at trenches against lot of teams..Passing offense can't bail you out every time