Rams @ Packers (Divisional Round Rematch)

stl4life07

9 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Did the Robert Woods injury really shake the lockerroom? 

This is one thing everyone (including myself) keeps forgetting about. Woods was a chain mover and about as reliable as it gets. Losing him definitely hurts more than the talkin heads will admit. The gap between what Woods and Van/OBJ bring this team is huge. Hopefully OBJ can make up for most of it once he gets comfortable (as long as he stays healthy), but he'll never replace what Woods gave us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

And unsurprisingly, I wasn't lamenting the trade when he was holding up his end of the bargain. But we made this trade because Goff was giving games away with his inconsistencies and turnovers. Stafford is running into the same issues now. I hope the Jaguars allow him to get right and return to where he was earlier in the year. I care more about this team winning than anything. But the caliber of play over the last three weeks is unacceptable.

Then let's hear more from you about how the TEAM has performed poorly over the last 3 weeks in all phases. Not just Stafford. 

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Two drives ate up 15+min of a 60min game. 25% of the game. And Stafford had a drive that was 47 seconds that ended in 7 points.

Yes, this shows that time of possession wasn't the issue lol. We had 13 possessions yesterday. We squandered those opportunities on offense.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Then let's hear more from you about how the TEAM has performed poorly over the last 3 weeks in all phases. Not just Stafford. 

Stafford is a big reason why the team lost. But I did criticize other parts of the team during the game (defense and special teams). You posted one quote. Don't complain now when I am addressing that quote.

Waited a day to cool off and come post my thoughts.. however it seems most of us are on the same page. What we’ve seen in the last 3 games has been beyond unacceptable. Once again this team has managed to get everyone’s hopes up and then just punch us in the stomach. The worst part is that there has been no adjustments at all.

After the first few games I said somewhere in here that this team can’t afford to play well and then get run over ever 3/4 games. Stafford started the year playing well and kept having random games where he missed open throws, even when not under pressure. His inconsistent play is something I’ve Harped on all year and this is why. His level of play has hurt this team more than anything else.

Thats not to say Stafford is the only problem. Even in the Goff days I kept saying he was the glaring problem but not the only one. 

This defense is so talented to not get any turnovers or sacks. I didn’t think they played horrible, in fact I think they played better than they did vs SF. 

I’ve been waiting for the day that special teams Costs the rams the game. This easily could have been that game with a muffed punt and horrendous kick returns and shanked punt. The only reason ST didn’t cost the game is because the pick 6 overshadowed all of that. 

Im at a loss for words.. it feels like the locker room is close to falling apart very soon if they don’t get some good games together. I’ll never understand how a team that is so talented can never win more than 3 games in a row and go on a big run. I know it’s not easy but if you’re a contender you should not look this bad. Maybe one week but 3 in a row!? The only hope LA has is to somehow get it together and squeak into the playoffs if they manage to get hot. I’ve been waiting for it but it seems every week that it’s less likely to happen. 

If only Rodgers was available for trade when LA called GB. Stafford needs to step up or else he just proves that everyone who said he sucks right. I really thought he’d be that guy.. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I never dished it out. I avoid bringing up Goff as much as possible because it serves no purpose. If you want to bash Stafford, by all means, he deserves it. But bringing Goff in here for "i told you so" or "we could do this with Goff" brings no value to the board. We made our bed and we're laying in it. But if you want to go there, let us know when Goff wins a game. Just one. 

You’re making it seem as if there has been a gigantic difference between where we are at with Stafford than we would have been with Goff. 

we most likely still are better but let’s not act like Stafford hasn’t been the main reason we have lost the last three games 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Goff will always be talked about because he is part of the trade that will make or break the next 3-5 years of Rams football. Right now, that trade looks like a disaster. 

You’re exaggerating a bit much. A 7-4 record with your QB rated as a top 7-8 in the league isn’t a disaster

youve been on the sky is falling type hype since we traded for Stafford. Starting to sound a bit like Flounch in regards to this

Right now, the trade seems like an overreach on the Rams end, a disaster it is certainly not, yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

You’re making it seem as if there has been a gigantic difference between where we are at with Stafford than we would have been with Goff. 

we most likely still are better but let’s not act like Stafford hasn’t been the main reason we have lost the last three games 

And if Stafford tears it up when it matters, I'll be stoked. But we all know what the expectations are and why we made the trade. We need Stafford to be the guy he was over the first 8 games.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I’ll tell you the same thing I told the guys defending Goff last year. 

guys like Stafford and Goff are brought and paid the money they are paid to mask the teams weaknesses. They are supposed to overcome when everything else is going bad. Especially because they were both number one overall picks and are paid handsomely. 

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I’ll tell you the same thing I told the guys defending Goff last year. 

guys like Stafford and Goff are brought and paid the money they are paid to mask the teams weaknesses. They are supposed to overcome when everything else is going bad. Especially because they were both number one overall picks and are paid handsomely. 

I agree with this. Stafford needs to play better and carry this team. That was the hope we were sold. So I agree. The turnovers need to stop and he needs to hit open receivers. We do that and we arent 0-3 over the last 3

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Ehh record wide, yes we would be in the same ballpark (7-4/6-5), but if Goff had no Robert Woods and this defense come week 13, I would be scared for us making the playoffs the rest of the way out. I think we are def a WC with Stafford at least.

Not a gigantic difference record wise, but 23.3PPG under Goff vs 27.2PPG under Stafford is sizeable. Only DAL(+4.9) , NE (+7.6), CIN(+8.7), and PHI (+4.4) made a bigger leap from 2020 to 2021 in that regard. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

You’re exaggerating a bit much. A 7-4 record with your QB rated as a top 7-8 in the league isn’t a disaster

youve been on the sky is falling type hype since we traded for Stafford. Starting to sound a bit like Flounch in regards to this

Right now, the trade seems like an overreach on the Rams end, a disaster it is certainly not, yet. 

We have between 3-5 years to win something with Stafford. He made it 8 games and he is already breaking down. This was a theme of his in Detroit and one of the biggest reasons I didn't want him. Staffords first 8 games he played like a top 3 QB. His last 3 he played like a bottom 3. An injury to his back and elbow would explain it but that doesn't really make me feel better since I don't think a back injury will improve much during the course of a season. Especially, a chronic injury. 

The issue isn't where the team is at record wise but where we are trending. Not just for this year but down the road. We will have I believe 1 top 100 pick in 2022 draft. The holes this team has are likely to get bigger, not smaller, during the Stafford era. 

If the Rams get to the playoffs and play a B+/A- game then we can play with anyone. Though I have no idea how anyone can think this team can do it for 4 straight games. There's zero evidence of it. 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Ehh record wide, yes we would be in the same ballpark (7-4/6-5), but if Goff had no Robert Woods and this defense come week 13, I would be scared for us making the playoffs the rest of the way out. I think we are def a WC with Stafford at least.

Not a gigantic difference record wise, but 23.3PPG under Goff vs 27.2PPG under Stafford is sizeable. Only DAL(+4.9) , NE (+7.6), CIN(+8.7), and PHI (+4.4) made a bigger leap from 2020 to 2021 in that regard. 

I think we would have lost the Bucs game with Goff… The Niners game just hurts so damm much. 

15 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I think we would have lost the Bucs game with Goff… The Niners game just hurts so damm much. 

It always does. But overall, I agree that through 12 weeks, we would be right around the same with Goff record wise. But looking ahead, I feel we would be worse given then state of our defense, Robert Woods injury, Whit really showing his age, and inability to generate explosive plays.