Rams @ Packers (Divisional Round Rematch)

stl4life07

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

First off Im not making this a Goff v Stafford. Im saying he was brought here bc McVay got frustrated with Goff from not being able to run the offense the way McVay wanted him too. Goff wasnt stretching the field. Stafford is stretching the field. Its hard in the NFL to consistently go 10+ plays every drive. You have to have some quick strikes. Even in this game Stafford had two big td passes. That forces defenses to be honest and play back rather than playing close to the line of scrimmage to defend the short passes.

I get your frustration on the pick 6's Im frustrated too. Im not going to put all of them on Stafford though. One might say Kupp shouldve fought harder for the ball on the pick 6 today and against the Niners Higbee shouldve caught the ball period. Imo the only true pick 6 Stafford threw was the one in Tennessee bc he forced it to Woods when the defender literally was right there. Now you might not see it the way I do which is fine but regardless they were all pick 6's and its frustrating but you have to move on and just hope that it dont continue. 

I definitely dont blame the defense for those short fields Stafford gave the opposing offenses. That fumble though can we agree that Whitworth just flat out got beat. Stafford didnt think he had pressure on that side and why would he? Whitworth only has given up one pressure since I think Week 3 or 4 the entire season. Its rare he is getting beat but in this occasion he got beat, Stafford fumbled. Sometimes we have to credit the defense rather than just blaming the offensive player bc thats another thing we tend to always do. 

Ill say it again, it doesnt matter what Stafford is doing in the regular season he will only get judged for if he can win in the postseason. If he wins in the postseason none of what he is going through now will matter. All this wasted energy you and I and everyone else is using up wont matter if Stafford wins in the postseason. I choose to think he can and that this is a slump he is just going through. He has the right team and coaches around him and he has the right mindset and competitiveness to get through this slump. 

Is this the offense McVay wants? Six turnovers 3 for touchdowns and those short fields the offense McVay wants? Could have got that with Goff, probably had less than that with him actually. You can try to blame whoever you want for the turnovers but Stafford makes the decisions he throws the ball where and how he wants to. And quite honestly he's gotten away with a half dozen other ints the last three games and who knows how many others before those games. This is who Matt Stafford has been his whole career.

As for the fumble no I'm not with you on that because the QB has to hold on to the ball. Yes Whit got beat yes other OL got beat but he has to hold on to the ball.

If he keeps playing like this we won't make the post season, Niners are right on our tail have one win head to head and a pretty cupcake schedule before they play us to end the season and McVay can't beat Shanny. Worry about getting Stafford playing well now or we won't worry about the playoffs at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I’m not as concerned about the defense as before. I feel like they’re getting better. 

if it wasn’t for stafford we would’ve held the potent GB offense to 26 points at their home. Not bad. The two biggest atrocities on defense is Troy Reeder and then Taylor Rapp. They’re complete trash (Reeder being even worse) and I hope they’re both gone after this season. 

I’m more concerned about the offense. Stafford was supposed to come in and save the day and McVay is supposed to be a boy genius. They’re not holding their end of their weight. That’s what concerns me more than anything. Even with the Packers scoring we had an opportunity to win it but the offense felt stagnant as hell and it has been for the last three weeks

Im the opposite. Im more concerned about the defense. We have to get takeaways. Its hard to win the NFL when you dont force turnovers. One turnover in three games on defense. We had multiple times to get a takeaway on defense but couldnt. That drop by Scott led to a muffed punt the very next play that literally handed the Packers 3pts. Had Scott got that int then not only the muffed punt wouldve never happened but the Rams wouldve had some momentum on there side. Plus turnovers can come in bunches. You get one then some how you get two and three and four. Then we only sacked ARod once. The guy have a bad toe and playing behind a banged up OL and all we can do is get one sack. Sacks are also huge momentum plays. So not only are the Rams defense not taking the ball away but lately they arent getting big momentum sacks.

The offense Im not concerned about bc they still lead the NFL in yards per play and today despite all the turnovers they still managed to score 28pts and Stafford did have two long td passes. He is a vet that still have great weapons and McVay who still knows what he is doing calling the plays. We all admit Morris is a big step back from Staley on the defense and some of these guys not named Donald, Von, Floyd, and Rams have to step up on a consistent basis. Not showing a flash here and there but show up consistently. Morris need to let Ramsey take out the opposing teams best player. Ramsey shouldve stayed on Adams at all time today. In a few weeks he should stay on DHop then he need to stay on Jefferson when the Rams play the Vikings and so forth. So I think the offense right now will be fine they are just in a slump. The defense has been hit and miss all season long but the most concerning is the lack of takeaways lately. Even in the Bucs game they had no takeaways. They won but again its hard to win a games when you dont force turnovers. That literally means against the best teams Stafford has to play perfect football bc the Rams defense isnt creating turnovers and they are struggling to get off the field on 3rd down too. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Thats a complete overreaction. As I told my friend, nothing Stafford or the Rams could do in the regular season that will convince people that come playoff time things will be different. Stafford could win league MVP and the Rams could be (17-0) and as soon as the playoffs come many people will still say Stafford is (0-3) in the playoffs thus he will fail again. At least now the pressure will be off if people just stop buying into the Rams like you are.

Just like in 2018 when people started jumping off the Rams bandwagon right before the playoffs I think it made it easier for the Rams that they didnt have that pressure. People were picking the Cowboys and the Saints to win. Rams just went out their and played loose and got the job done. So Im loving people writing the Rams off bc when the Rams succeed the feeling will be amazing. Again the Rams will be fine. You cant name be a team from any sport who doesnt go through some type of adversity in the regular season. The great teams overcome them and I think the Rams will overcome them once again. 

There's a lot Stafford and the team could do to convince people that we have a great shot in the playoffs. They're simply not doing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Is this the offense McVay wants? Six turnovers 3 for touchdowns and those short fields the offense McVay wants? Could have got that with Goff, probably had less than that with him actually. You can try to blame whoever you want for the turnovers but Stafford makes the decisions he throws the ball where and how he wants to. And quite honestly he's gotten away with a half dozen other ints the last three games and who knows how many others before those games. This is who Matt Stafford has been his whole career.

As for the fumble no I'm not with you on that because the QB has to hold on to the ball. Yes Whit got beat yes other OL got beat but he has to hold on to the ball.

If he keeps playing like this we won't make the post season, Niners are right on our tail have one win head to head and a pretty cupcake schedule before they play us to end the season and McVay can't beat Shanny. Worry about getting Stafford playing well now or we won't worry about the playoffs at all.

McVay doesnt want turnovers period. Turnovers can be fluky at times. How many ints Mahomes and even Brady threw this season that you sit back and say it wasnt their fault? Before these 3 games Stafford only threw what 4 ints. So lets not act like he has been like this all season long. Thats why I say he is in a slump. He can get out of this slump. If he was like Mahomes where he has been turning the ball over left and right every game since the beginning of the season up until now then Ill be with you and everyone thats on Stafford's case. He need to clean the turnovers up and I think he will but its easy to say the Stafford we see now is the Stafford that was in Detroit all those years. Just wait and see the rest of this season if he get back to playing the way he did before these three games or if he continues to play like this bc nobody was saying any bad things about Stafford through the first 7 games. Its only when he goes through a slump people are acting like thats who he is and if I didnt watch the games this season Id think he been like this since Week 1. 

I do agree Stafford held on to the ball long but again he trusted that Whitworth wouldnt get beat. He trusted that he had protection on the back side. So again sometimes we just have to give credit to the defender for making a great play rather than always saying it was awful for the offensive player.

Ok lets get something straight, the Rams WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. I get the keep words are "if he keeps playing like this" but I think we are all confusing this Rams organization like we are the Browns or the Lions organization. We dont have a losing mentality or a losing culture under McVay. Even the lowest point under McVay the Rams still finished (9-7) a winning record. That team in 2019 wasnt a Superbowl roster like the roster we have now just due to alot of players leaving and the amount of injuries we dealt with that season. So if you honestly think the Rams will miss the playoffs then you can certainly make money if you bet right now that the Rams wont make it bc the odds of them making the playoffs are pretty much a lock. 

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

There's a lot Stafford and the team could do to convince people that we have a great shot in the playoffs. They're simply not doing it.

I agree right now but again every team goes through some adversity. I was talking to my friend and we both love LSU. He mentioned well LSU didnt go through any adversity in the 2019 undefeated season. I had to remind him that yes they did. Nobody saw it bc it was so small plus it was overshadowed bc they were winning but that Texas game LSU couldve easily lost had not been for Burrow greatness at the end. That Auburn game they had LSU on the ropes and some say possibly shouldve won. Later in the season people questioned if LSU defense was even good enough bc they were allowing Bama and Ole Miss to put up 35+ and just gain chunk yards through the air and especially on the ground. Alot of that had to do with injuries on defense and just not playing sound. Late in the season though they started to play great defense by shutting down Texas A&M, Georgia, Oklahoma, and did a number on Clemson to win the title. So again even what many called the greatest team in a single college football season the 2019 LSU Tigers had some adversity.

I can go on with any sport bc again you cant find a team that doesnt have some type of adversity. Everything was going great for the Rams the first 7 games and they are now faced with some adversity. You even said Stafford is dealing with injuries but I can also say trying to adjust to life without Woods and life with OBJ. You can say adjusting Von on the defense and they just got back Williams while playing young guys like Deayon and Johnson on defense. They also dont have SJD on the DL and he has been one of the best players on the defense this season. So again adversity in the season the Rams will have to figure things out and I trust that they will. 

Edited by stl4life07

2 hours ago, Ripline said:

Not talking about the refs!!! That was you!

I asked about Donald and whether he had a bad attitude all the time (cheap choking a player) or if this was not the norm as I have never heard him doing this crap...

Midol is your friend!

Find your way out of our forum. Nobody is interested in hearing your opinion. Bye.

Yup, I'm concerned. Blame goes around the board, but it has to start with McVay. The team has been manhandled these last few weeks and that's on him. He kept a balanced playsheet this week before it became a 2 score game, but he looked to establish the run in the 1H.

Now the details:

• Stafford's decision making and errant throws are very troubling. I don't want to blame the injury, but he didn't look like this at all through the first 6 weeks. He needs to get the ball out quicker when pressure is closing in. Whitworth had his lunch handed to him by Rashan Gary yesterday.
  • Raheem Morris shouldn't have been allowed on the plane. He needs to be fired mid season. It's that bad. I hold him a responsible for a majority of our poor play these last few weeks. I was expecting regression from last year, but this is disgusting. Cannot give up the middle of the field, cannot get off the field on 3rd down, and why have a Jalen Ramsey if he won't tail #1 WR's? 
  • Troy Reeder. Sorry bud, you're not an NFL starting linebacker. Watching him in the flat makes my ******* pucker every time.
  • Van Jefferson with 2 crucial drops. Again.
  • Special Teams is atrocious. We cut the wrong punter. We cannot have Koski returning punts. 

Do I think this team can turn it around and close the season strong? Ofcourse. I still think we get a WC spot, but our defense isn't even mediocre, it's bad. And we get bullied by any team with a run game. Stafford giftwrapping INT's and our special teams is a liability. All of that is too much to overcome in the playoffs. At the end of the day, this will rest on McVay and part of it should. 

Also, the Goff supporters on this board loathed when we mentioned his name Weeks 1-7, but the first chance they got to pounce on Stafford and bring Goff's name back into it they did. You cannot have it both ways. Goff is a winless QB for his CAREER without McVay and no longer on this team so let's keep his name out of Stafford's struggles. We don't need to go down that road and divide the board again. 

12 hours ago, Flounch said:

I mean we are all upset but Hekker just miss 1 punt. There are a lot biggest concern than Hekker right now. And that's the whole special team who doesn't look anything special. 

It’s beyond just the one that he shanked. His punts have no power anymore. He gets no distance and no hang time. He used to routinely boot them 60+ yards and now it feels like we’re hardly getting 40 yards out of him. 
You’re right—we have much bigger problems than our punter right now but it’s just the cherry on top I suppose. 

49 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Also, the Goff supporters on this board loathed when we mentioned his name Weeks 1-7, but the first chance they got to pounce on Stafford and bring Goff's name back into it they did. You cannot have it both ways. Goff is a winless QB for his CAREER without McVay and no longer on this team so let's keep his name out of Stafford's struggles. We don't need to go down that road and divide the board again. 

Show me where one Goff supporter is bringing his name back up with the purpose of a Goff vs Stafford debate. Genuine request, as I haven't seen it. 

Anytime I've seen him brought up is to show that both QB are struggling with the same issues in this offense which is worth noting. We need to start taking a hard look at Mcvay because for as much as he has brought to the team, unless he gives up playcalling, I don't see us getting a Superbowl anytime soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Show me where one Goff supporter is bringing his name back up with the purpose of a Goff vs Stafford debate. Genuine request, as I haven't seen it. 

Anytime I've seen him brought up is to show that both QB are struggling with the same issues in this offense which is worth noting. We need to start taking a hard look at Mcvay because for as much as he has brought to the team, unless he gives up playcalling, I don't see us getting a Superbowl anytime soon. 

Bingo

And nobody around here's a Goff supporter we're Rams fans.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Why did we trade two firsts, a third, and Goff for this? 

@JonStark Here's one. And you liked the comment. 

Edited by BStanRamFan