Way too early 2022 offseason thoughts

warfelg

Just now, Blitzburgh said:

Can someone explain the excitement about Lou Riddick? At face value I’m not seeing it?

I will say due diligence but he has experience.  The talking heads of BSPN will get all aflutter about it.  I am more exceited about Dobbs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

I will say due diligence but he has experience.  The talking heads of BSPN will get all aflutter about it.  I am more exceited about Dobbs

I said this in the Colbert thread also but its a bit of a red flag to me that he has been out of an NFL front office for almost 10 years.

I'm not saying it can't work but much like Gruden, a lot of things change and while he might still be around the game, its not the same as being inside an organization. Lets just say I have concerns. Also the Monday Night Football broadcast did him no favours.

4 hours ago, August4th said:

new WR coach

Saw he coached at Baylor and they have at least 10 guys who'd be quality players for the Steelers. Coach Jackson was the WR coach and they have a tall fast lanky WR who's similar to DJ Chark. Tyquan Thornton, 6'3 190, runs around 4.3 and is dangerous after the catch. I'm sure Coach Jackson will try to get one of his guys here.

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

I just want a coach be able to teach.  I do not think Hillard was a good teacher.

SteelersTwitter is losing their minds over it. They are so upset that we lost a guy players like. But the miscommunications, not knowing they are hot routes, concentration lapses, lack of downfield blocking. Players just weren’t doing it. Heck, Juju regressed with things like that with Hilliard in house. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

SteelersTwitter is losing their minds over it. They are so upset that we lost a guy players like. But the miscommunications, not knowing they are hot routes, concentration lapses, lack of downfield blocking. Players just weren’t doing it. Heck, Juju regressed with things like that with Hilliard in house. 

I was actually very happy to see that this was not that well received. Sometimes watching someone who is well liked get let go can be a kick in the butt for others. That receiver room has some talent, but it has not evolved. Maybe this is a nudge in the right direction as those guys head into the off-season. 

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

As much as I really like the idea of Tyler Linderbaum, I think we need to get a really good OT in this draft. 

We need players at every spot on the line.    BPA at any OL position is fine with me.

Ill be shocked if Linderbaum falls to 20.

• Like 1