Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown and S Mike Edwards suspended 3 games for COVID violations

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Well, they are different and I agree what Brown abs Edwards have done is worse, but Roger’s absolutely knew what he was doing with ‘yeh I’m immunized’. It is misleading. Does he remain unvax’d?

so Brown and Edwards ARE vax’d, they just produced a fake card? LOL. 

Yeah Rodgers said that to the media so all he did was mislead the media, AB and Edwards lied to the NFL which has ever right to suspend them and then got vaxxed later, rodgers did nothing to go against the NFL protocols to get himself suspended, he just isn't vaxxed and also just said some controversial stuff, nothing to be suspended for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

Yeah Rodgers said that to the media so all he did was mislead the media, AB and Edwards lied to the NFL which has ever right to suspend them and then got vaxxed later, rodgers did nothing to go against the NFL protocols to get himself suspended, he just isn't vaxxed and also just said some controversial stuff, nothing to be suspended for.

Wearing a mask in a press conference if you are not vaccinated is an NFL RULE

Rodgers violated that rule several times.

Lets take it down to simple terms.

Bad stuff bad.

Suspensions for bad stuff.

How long based on how bad the bad stuff is.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SkippyX said:

He did not just lie to the media.

He recklessly exposed the media by not following the basic health and safety protocols.

Not getting that is strange.  Its why Rodgers should have been suspended and Brown suspended longer.

Unvaccinated NFL players must show up to the stadium at 5 AM, test, and leave the stadium until the results come back negative.

Vaccinated players are tested once a week and are not required to leave the stadium while the results are pending.

Rodgers didn't put a single person at risk as he was only allowed to be in the building after testing negative.

This is massively over-dramatic.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Unvaccinated NFL players must show up to the stadium at 5 AM, test, and leave the stadium until the results come back negative.

Vaccinated players are tested once a week and are not required to leave the stadium while the results are pending.

Rodgers didn't put a single person at risk as he was only allowed to be in the building after testing negative.

This is massively over-dramatic.

Its a rule and he violated it. Lots of times. This is beyond simple.

He and his team were punished for this. They just went light on them.

If he does it again he will be suspended. (they decided doing it 5-10 times counted as 1 instance based on when he  got caught)

They made a ruling in his favor to avoid a suspension that is written into these specific rules already. Nothing overly dramatic about reality.

40 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its a rule and he violated it. Lots of times. This is beyond simple.

He and his team were punished for this. They just went light on them.

If he does it again he will be suspended. (they decided doing it 5-10 times counted as 1 instance based on when he  got caught)

They made a ruling in his favor to avoid a suspension that is written into these specific rules already. Nothing overly dramatic about reality.

They didn't suspend him because no unvaxxed players were wearing masks in their interviews this season.

It's a rule they clearly didn't care about enforcing until it came to public light because of Rodgers.

• Like 2

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but AB should actually miss the next 5 games. The reason why is bc I think before this suspension came out AB was scheduled to miss the next 2 games due to his injury. I dont think that should count in his 3 game suspension. It would be the equivalent if a FA player is suspended but it doesnt count until he actually signs with a team since he wont be playing any games anyways due to him not having a team. So again if AB was already scheduled to miss 2 games with an injury now the suspension comes out for 3 games then I think he should be out 5 games. Thats just my thinking. Either way it goes I think AB is dumb. He always getting himself into a situation. He used to never be an issue with the Steelers then he became an issue for the Steelers, then he became an issue with the Raiders, then he became an issue with the Patriots, and now he is an issue with the Bucs. You want to know what can derail the Bucs Superbowl chances? Stupid distractions like this. Its hard to repeat to begin with now stuff like this happens. Yeah AB should be ashamed of himself but sadly I know he isnt. 

Suspensions almost always run from the time they are handed down unless they are appealed. (I can't think of an exception)

A player getting hurt in the act of playing football will never be held against them.

A free agent who gets suspended starts serving from week 1 even if they are not on a team (pretty sure AB did this last year)

20 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but AB should actually miss the next 5 games. The reason why is bc I think before this suspension came out AB was scheduled to miss the next 2 games due to his injury. I dont think that should count in his 3 game suspension. It would be the equivalent if a FA player is suspended but it doesnt count until he actually signs with a team since he wont be playing any games anyways due to him not having a team. So again if AB was already scheduled to miss 2 games with an injury now the suspension comes out for 3 games then I think he should be out 5 games. Thats just my thinking. Either way it goes I think AB is dumb. He always getting himself into a situation. He used to never be an issue with the Steelers then he became an issue for the Steelers, then he became an issue with the Raiders, then he became an issue with the Patriots, and now he is an issue with the Bucs. You want to know what can derail the Bucs Superbowl chances? Stupid distractions like this. Its hard to repeat to begin with now stuff like this happens. Yeah AB should be ashamed of himself but sadly I know he isnt. 

Team could just say he is healthy and miss the next 3 games only. He probably could play if this was the Super Bowl.

Edited by SBLIII