Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown and S Mike Edwards suspended 3 games for COVID violations

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It appears as if Rodgers only mislead the media, which nobody gives two ****s about tbh. However, I'm not aware of Rodgers being disciplined for repeatedly violating COVID protocols within the team facility and on/off the field during games. Furthermore, I'm not aware of the Packers being disciplined since they knew he wasn't vaccinated and allowed him to repeatedly violate protocols.

Green Bay Packers, Aaron Rodgers fined by NFL for not following COVID-19 protocols (ketv.com)

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It appears as if Rodgers only mislead the media, which nobody gives two ****s about tbh. However, I'm not aware of Rodgers being disciplined for repeatedly violating COVID protocols within the team facility and on/off the field during games. Furthermore, I'm not aware of the Packers being disciplined since they knew he wasn't vaccinated and allowed him to repeatedly violate protocols.

They were fined for not wearing a mask in some places. Simply because a spotlight got shone on them and the league had to address it somehow. Ultimately, neither Rodgers or Lazard did anything egregiously wrong - or anything that every other unvaccinated player is doing. Rodgers was just stupid and let himself and his team get under the magnifiying lens.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/09/sports/football/packers-rodgers-lazard-fined-covid.html

Edited by incognito_man

Rodgers and this situation is completely different

1. Rodgers didn't fake a Vax card, all he did was say he was immunized and even took all the correct protocols for a unvaxxed which he can do under the nfl rules.

2.Brown and Edwards both sent in FAKE vax cards and got caught and thus correctly suspended, and then i guess actually got vaxxed later but not sure about that part.

Not sure how either one are in the same ballpark, people only hating on rodgers cause he didnt inform the media of his decisions even tho im pretty sure his team knew.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Rodgers and this situation is completely different

1. Rodgers didn't fake a Vax card, all he did was say he was immunized and even took all the correct protocols for a unvaxxed which he can do under the nfl rules.

2.Brown and Edwards both sent in FAKE vax cards and got caught and thus correctly suspended, and then i guess actually got vaxxed later but not sure about that part.

Not sure how either one are in the same ballpark, people only hating on rodgers cause he didnt inform the media of his decisions even tho im pretty sure his team knew.

Good on you so many other Bucs fans are doing whataboutism instead of calling out AB. 

• Like 1

To this day I'm still not informed about what the league actually thought was Rodgers' vaccination status. So can't say for sure, if it's the same situation,

3 games for lying to the league, during a global pandemic, risking to infect other players and staff members, seems like extremely light punishment though.

And if Rodgers did in fact lie to the league, he should of course, get a similar penalty.

• Like 1