2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Jets x2, Bucs, Titans, and Bengals all pick about 12-15 before the Bears. All 4 of those teams need OL. Maybe I'll be wrong!

The Jets actually pick four times before we do (4, 10, 35, 38). I’m sure they take OL at least once in there, but if it’s early it’ll probably be a guy we couldn’t get anyway. CIN may have hit OL enough for their liking in FA with 3 adds already. TB trading for Shaq Mason and re-signing Jensen may have put OL further down their list. But really, any team could justify taking quality OL early.

I’m growing more and more concerned that WR is going to be cleaned out by 39 too. GB might well take two of them in R1, and the MVS signing may or may not push WR out of R1 for KC. It wouldn’t shock me to see as many as 9 WR off the board before we get to pick 39. By my best guess:

Gone for sure by 39: Wilson, Olave, Williams, Burks, London

Maybe gone by 39: Dotson, Pickens, Watson, Metchie

Beyond those guys, I like Jalen Tolbert but he’s a reach at 39 IMO, as is Skyy Moore. I see Pierce as more of a R3 guy. David Bell is a R3 for me too because of the athletic limitations but is a guy I think is a day 1 starter in the slot. Justyn Ross is a high risk high reward player to me. If he is at his 2019 pre-injury level he could be a star. If he’s not he could be playing in Canada by 2024. Upside is Allen Robinson-esque. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The Jets actually pick four times before we do (4, 10, 35, 38). I’m sure they take OL at least once in there, but if it’s early it’ll probably be a guy we couldn’t get anyway. CIN may have hit OL enough for their liking in FA with 3 adds already. TB trading for Shaq Mason and re-signing Jensen may have put OL further down their list. But really, any team could justify taking quality OL early.

I’m growing more and more concerned that WR is going to be cleaned out by 39 too. GB might well take two of them in R1, and the MVS signing may or may not push WR out of R1 for KC. It wouldn’t shock me to see as many as 9 WR off the board before we get to pick 39. By my best guess:

Gone for sure by 39: Wilson, Olave, Williams, Burks, London

Maybe gone by 39: Dotson, Pickens, Watson, Metchie

Beyond those guys, I like Jalen Tolbert but he’s a reach at 39 IMO, as is Skyy Moore. I see Pierce as more of a R3 guy. David Bell is a R3 for me too because of the athletic limitations but is a guy I think is a day 1 starter in the slot. Justyn Ross is a high risk high reward player to me. If he is at his 2019 pre-injury level he could be a star. If he’s not he could be playing in Canada by 2024. Upside is Allen Robinson-esque. 

Well I know about picks 4 and 10 but Smith won't go that high so I was excluding those two picks. Cincy doesn't have a ton of other glaring needs other than OL and I can see them doing whatever to make Burrow happy. With Cappa leaving I still lumped Tampa into the discussion. 

I like the pessimistic pov there.

I'm not so worried about WR. I think the big 4-5 will be gone as you said but I think a lot of FO's will realize the depth. I'd be happy with Tolbert or Watson in round 2.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Well I know about picks 4 and 10 but Smith won't go that high so I was excluding those two picks.

Totally agree - my thought was if they go OL 4, 10 or both (Linderbaum at 10?) that they wouldn’t take OL in early R2. 

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not so worried about WR. I think the big 4-5 will be gone as you said but I think a lot of FO's will realize the depth. I'd be happy with Tolbert or Watson in round 2.

My order for the R2 WRs would be Pickens, Dotson, Watson, Tolbert, Metchie (with the right bridge vet, expecting you’re getting him in the mix the 2nd half of the season). If not for the ACL I’d have Metchie between Pickens and Dotson. Think he’s gonna be a top tier slot guy. 

An interesting name being banded around for a late round pick is now Devante Parker...he never lived up to the top 15 billing but he does bring a skill set we currently don't have at WR which is a jump ball guy...6-3" quality length and will go up and get it...that seems like a nice compliment as a #2 to Mooney...Pringle then goes to #3 and you can then draft a WR where you see value and bump him down to #4 which then gives you a good looking bit of depth who can play inside or out...Parker's contract also isn't bad for a guy who is 2019 had over 1,000 yards and 9 TDs...for our 6th I would be happy with making that move.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

A guy I work with(packer fan) said a rumor of the packers trading for DJ Metcalf for the picks GB got from Vegas for Adams.  I'm not buying that.  Anyone else hear this?

If your the Seahawks and you have just seen what Hill went for there should be no way that they accept just a 1st & 2nd for DK.

48 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

A guy I work with(packer fan) said a rumor of the packers trading for DJ Metcalf for the picks GB got from Vegas for Adams.  I'm not buying that.  Anyone else hear this?

They just traded a WR because they couldn’t pay him 100 million. Now they are going to trade for Metcalf who they need to pay 100 million to in 2023?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They just traded a WR because they couldn’t pay him 100 million. Now they are going to trade for Metcalf who they need to pay 100 million to in 2023?

If you believe the reports, both GB and KC were offering up comparable deals to what they ended up with, but the relationships were too far gone by that point. Could be BS, but wouldn’t shock me if they were willing to give out that contract, as it would likely be less than Adams got

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Exactly my thoughts ..tho I believe Adams wanted out of GB more than anything so GB may not have had much a choice 

Assuming the Bills can’t match and we get Bates, I feel pretty good about the core 5 that will run out there to start the season.

If they do match, I think we need to push for JC Tretter and let him, Patrick and Whitehair fight it out to see who the best C is, and the others settle at Guard. If we can’t do that, seems like the obvious fall back plan would be Trai Turner, and he might be a depth Guard anyway. 

Other than that, while it would be nice to have Eric Fisher as our swing, it’s more likely that he goes somewhere that he has a better shot at starter reps than somewhere that is obviously running out their young guys first and foremost. Dennis Kelley is the other obvious guy, and while he’s solid there’s next to zero upside there. So who I’d like us to bring in would be Tyrell Crosby. Not ideal adding another guy off back surgery, but he has always had talent that intrigues me. Not sure that he has the athleticism to be a Tackle for this system, but he’s got size and toughness, things you just can’t teach. I think between him and Borom you have a solid RT (and both may be really good guards). But with all that said, I’m sure we’ll end up signing like Sam Tevi 

• Like 1