2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

At least he drafted a QB and two OTs.  Finally.  Imagine if we didn’t have them. 

To that point, we’d theoretically have more depth elsewhere and a top 10 pick to land a franchise LT this year… but still no QB. I’ll take what we have over that. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would have a hard time seeing them being happy with Vildor in the top 3. I know it was a different system but he was brutal last year.

I am not sure where they see Graham playing. He doesn’t really have the length Flus likes on the outside. That is why I think they move him inside to start.

Graham traits-wise falls in between Rock Ya-Sin and Kenny Moore. He’s a little quicker than RYS but smaller, and a little less quick than Moore, but bigger:

RYS: 5116, 192 lb, 32” arms, 4.51 40, 4.31 20 yd shuttle, 7.31 3-cone 

Moore: 5090, 190 lb, 32 5/8” arms, 4.47 40, 6.86 3-cone 

Graham: 5103, 192 lb, 31” arms, 4.49 40, 4.19 20 yd shuttle. 7.09 3-cone

Not sure where that leaves him playing, but I don’t think it’s a huge projection to see Flus liking him on the field somewhere. He consistently showed pretty good instincts in coverage when he got action last year (yeah he got beat by DK for a long TD but he’s far from alone in having that happen to him), and he plays the run well. He showed more on 4 games than Artie Burns has in the past 4 years. Still makes me sick that they kept running Burns out there. 🤦‍♂️ As to length I’m not sure 1” difference in arm length is (or at least should be) any kind of deal breaker. It’d be different if we were talking about a guy with 27 5/8” arms (WR Wan’Dale Robinson has these and it really turns me off on him as a draft prospect). An inch either way isn’t a big deal for me though.

(pauses for laughter)

Its easy to take Flus at his word about CB being viewed as somewhat plug-and-play in this scheme though. RYS is the only corner IND drafted above R6 since Flus became DC. They were very content to go with what from the outside looks like pretty average talent there (that’s what Rhodes is at this stage of his career IMO) despite having a crap ton of cap space with which to work, and had plenty of success with it. 

• Like 1

I think at this point you try & go get JC Tretter for the bridge center role kicking Patrick to RG. For WR sign Will Fuller to a 1 year incentive laden prove it deal. Fuller & Mooney can be your co WR2 whilst your WR1 who we draft with our 1st pick develops but gets targets (40-50 for example). Then trade down the 2nd pick and get a lower 2nd & another 3rd.

Your IOL is set with Whitehair at LG, Tretter at C, & Patrick at RG.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, malagabears said:

I think at this point you try & go get JC Tretter for the bridge center role kicking Patrick to RG. For WR sign Will Fuller to a 1 year incentive laden prove it deal. Fuller & Mooney can be your co WR2 whilst your WR1 who we draft with our 1st pick develops but gets targets (40-50 for example). Then trade down the 2nd pick and get a lower 2nd & another 3rd.

Your IOL is set with Whitehair at LG, Tretter at C, & Patrick at RG.

I think if we were going to pay Tretter he would be here already.

If we aren’t going to “pay” then I think he signs with a contender.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think if we were going to pay Tretter he would be here already.

If we aren’t going to “pay” then I think he signs with a contender.

Feels like you might have that backwards. Hes likely holding out for a contender to pay over anything else 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Feels like you might have that backwards. Hes likely holding out for a contender to pay over anything else 

If we were the high bidder and money was his #1 motivation he would likely be here.

If we were offering 3/33, he isn’t leaving that on the table for weeks to shop it around. That is the type of deal that teams cannot simply leave on the table. That is a “you have 24 hours to decide” type of deal.

Which tells me we aren’t making him a lucrative multi year deal. Which tells me he will end up somewhere else.

Sources: The #Dolphins are trading WR DeVante Parker to the #Patriots in exchange for late-round draft pick compensation. Parker lands at a perfect place with stability he’s been wanting, while MIA gains financial flexibility.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 2, 2022

Compensation appears to be a 5th round pick. This would have been a decent add for us.

13 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Sources: The #Dolphins are trading WR DeVante Parker to the #Patriots in exchange for late-round draft pick compensation. Parker lands at a perfect place with stability he’s been wanting, while MIA gains financial flexibility.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 2, 2022

Compensation appears to be a 5th round pick. This would have been a decent add for us.

I really wish we would be looking at swapping picks to get someone. Like our late 2nd for their 3rd and Parker. That would offer them more value than the 5th IMO.