2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

De'vondre Campbell back to the Packers 5/50.

this is a heck of in investment for a guy who turns 29 before training camp and was signed late in the offseason for next to nothing. if he keeps playing at an all-pro level then its good, but it seems like GB is paying for an outlier year (depending on how the contract breaks down)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

this is a heck of in investment for a guy who turns 29 before training camp and was signed late in the offseason for next to nothing. if he keeps playing at an all-pro level then its good, but it seems like GB is paying for an outlier year (depending on how the contract breaks down)

The Eddie Jackson contract. 

Just a few hours in;

1. HOLY COW on the Christian Kirk deal, thats just dumb, and when its that far over market, even if its the Jags, you gotta take the money and run
  2. Didnt see our first move to be for a D-lineman, but he is clearly someone that Flus identified as a key to rebuilding the defense, so Im ok with it.
  3. Im very glad we didnt fall for the Brian Allen stuff, they do so much to mask his deficiencies. Less adamant about Noteboom, but those guys have already hit their ceilings
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

The Eddie Jackson contract. 

Eddie jackson was coming off back to back pro bowl seasons in his age 24-25 years and signed his extension when he was first eligible to

devondre campbell had to settle for a 1 year deal after his rookie contract was up, then settled for an even smaller one-year deal in june.

we can also get out of eddie's contract after next season, which he will finish and just turn 29 in december 2022. Campbell will be turning 29 this june and will then have 5 years left on his contract (details aside). ball hawking free safety is a far more valuable position than off-ball LB

the situations aren't the same at all

16 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

As of right now Mooney has two more cheap years and Fields three. 

I meant after this season. I'm already digging into the year ahead. 😁

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't get some of the hate this Ogun deal is getting...it is a primer defensive position and even more important in this D than in others...the Jags just gave 3 year $45 million to an off the ball LB with like 1 good year behind him...the more we are seeing in this FA the more it is looking like this deal is a steal.

I love it. I never figured the Bengals would let him go, so I never even considered it was a possibility.

Pretty clear the first batch of offensive linemen were staying put, and that's not Poles' fault. Also, paying Kirk $20 mil+ a year is insane. So, really, we should be happy with the signing. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

It’s actually WORSE

It's ridiculous. Kirk is definitely talented enough that he COULD live up to that deal...but if I'm a GM, there's no way I take that gamble. With all the good WRs in the draft? Nope. Not happening.

My god, just staying put at #1 and drafting a WR would be smarter than this. And drafting a WR at #1 would be really stupid. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I liked Kirk a lot but this absolutely reeks of Baalke being desperate. 

Do the Jaguars even have this much money? (They tagged Robinson, and also gave out some other big contracts today.)They must be planning on a lot of restructures and shuffling things around.