2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

A career year in 2021?  What?  Correct me if I'm wrong but his 2018 and his 2020 were both better than 2021 I'm fairly certain.  Ik after 2020 we all would have been on board with giving him the money we gave Larry O.   

Interesting we'll have to see how it plays out, but it seems right now we would be on the plus side of the comp pick formula.  If Dalton can sign somewhere for high end backup money, that would be a massive help to us as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

A career year in 2021?  What?  Correct me if I'm wrong but his 2018 and his 2020 were both better than 2021 I'm fairly certain.  Ik after 2020 we all would have been on board with giving him the money we gave Larry O.   

Interesting we'll have to see how it plays out, but it seems right now we would be on the plus side of the comp pick formula.  If Dalton can sign somewhere for high end backup money, that would be a massive help to us as well.

Let's count on the Nagy/Trubisky effect helping us out!

*The Nagy Trubisky effect is an inverse corollary phenomenon in which a players poor play actually increases their value in later years as the players proximity to the gravity well of Matt Nagy's offense creates an assumption that their ability exceeds their performance. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I feel like Rap is kind of a cheerleader for any player that signs any contract and will just talk out of his ***. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Someone gotta return kicks. Khalil Herbert is the only guy right now, and he's also our #2 rb. 

We could put anyone back there to take it from 9 yards deep to the 17 yard line 

55 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I feel like Rap is kind of a cheerleader for any player that signs any contract and will just talk out of his ***. 

The deal is they cut and paste promotional texts from agents and NFL execs in exchange for news.   Someone let cat out of bag awhile ago.  

• Like 1