2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

17 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Honey Badger would be a moronic signing.

30 million at safety and our offense in shambles.

The safety group is by far the weakest position group on the team. They have one good guy (who I believe needs to be re-signed?), and one decent guy--definitely needs to be re-signed. The worst player in the group is a starter who, unfortunately, is one of the highest paid safeties in the league. 

The offense is far from "in shambles", while safety is a dumpster fire.

That being said, if they can't trade Jackson, then Mathieu better come cheap. At least this year. 

Edited by Heinz D.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

If you average out all my posts I am guessing the score is much lower.

I wouldn't want that done to me so I won't do that to you. We go by highlights here, just like most of our predraft scouting. Lol

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

PFF gave Roquan Smith a 46.3...I think we are good 😂

I live in constant fear of being as bad as Roquan per PFF grading.  But if PFF got one thing right, it at least recognizes that Mustipher outplayed Smith. 😏

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't want that done to me so I won't do that to you. We go by highlights here, just like most of our predraft scouting. Lol

Yup.

I bring it up that I was super high on Aaron Donald, Chris Jones, Jack Conklin and thought we should target Orlando Brown after he did that awful combine workout pre-draft or about how I didn't like Floyd (as an edge rusher).

You won't hear me talking a lot about my pre-draft opinions on Kevin White or Josh Jones who 'slipped' to Cardinals.   Not sure I recall those particular opinions.   Or if they existed at all.

I was also pretty high on Wentz when he was in draft.

I really shouldn't be allowed to opine on college QBs or WRs pre-draft.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

The safety group is by far the weakest position group on the team. They have one good guy (who I believe needs to be re-signed?), and one decent guy--definitely needs to be re-signed. The worst player in the group is a starter who, unfortunately, is one of the highest paid safeties in the league. 

The offense is far from "in shambles", while safety is a dumpster fire.

That being said, if they can't trade Jackson, then Mathieu better come cheap. At least this year. 

What are you talking about.

We have 1 WR under contract. Our OL is still bad.

We need 1 safety and our other guy is paid more than our entire OL.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Yup.

I bring it up that I was super high on Aaron Donald, Chris Jones, Jack Conklin and thought we should target Orlando Brown after he did that awful combine workout pre-draft or about how I didn't like Floyd (as an edge rusher).

You won't hear me talking a lot about my pre-draft opinions on Kevin White or Josh Jones who 'slipped' to Cardinals.   Not sure I recall those particular opinions.   Or if they existed at all.

I was also pretty high on Wentz when he was in draft.

I really shouldn't be allowed to opine on college QBs or WRs pre-draft.

Iirc you and @Madmike90 were the ones who got me on the Donald train. 

I remember saying Jones and Nkemdiche (sp?) both had crazy potential, either could be All Pro or bust bad. Had them ranked close and both had effort concerns too. One had an instance with pot so I chose the other I think. Idk if that worked in my favor or not. 

I was high on Wentz and low on Allen but was REALLY on the Mahomes and Derrick Henry train early too so it balances out, right? Lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Iirc you and @Madmike90 were the ones who got me on the Donald train. 

I remember saying Jones and Nkemdiche (sp?) both had crazy potential, either could be All Pro or bust bad. Had them ranked close and both had effort concerns too. One had an instance with pot so I chose the other I think. Idk if that worked in my favor or not. 

I was high on Wentz and low on Allen but was REALLY on the Mahomes and Derrick Henry train early too so it balances out, right? Lol. 

It was a heart breaker when Donald went just before that pick...I loved Tommie Harris and when injury hit and we needed a new guy Donald was a perfect fit...Fuller was a solid pick no doubt and I was high on him as well but I can only imagine what Donald would have done in that D.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

It's really interesting how the WR market is just completely stalled. 

I think for us it is to do with the OT market...I reckon Poles wants to give us the best possible shot at Armstead but he won't make a decision until Watson is traded...then they could pivot to someone like Duane Brown or Eric Fisher since I question his faith in Jenkins on the left side...I think he reckons he is a RT only or maybe even a guard...

If we can't get someone like that up front then I would guess we start to go after receivers more then focus on OT in the draft.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Adams hasn't and won't sign his tender, they saved $18M from redoing Rodgers deal, released Z Smith, and redid P Smiths deal.

Adams cap number hits the books as soon as they offer it.

They we’re 8 million over at the deadline today with all those moves. Bucs were 20 over as of lunch.