2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Remember that dude had a first round grade and then didn't even get drafted because he was linked to death of a former girlfriend just before draft.

He had to play as an UDFA with Dallas and has been a starter there ever since at G or T =.

I wanted Bears to draft him in 6th or 7th.  Police said he wasn't even a suspect, they just wanted to talk.   Such over drama at times.   Take a bloody risk in later rounds.  Who cares if you end up cutting a high end risk in 6th round?  

We drafted OT Tayo Fabuluje in 6th instead, remember him?  Me either.

I do remember you banging the table for him (I mostly read post and didn't post much myself at that time). I felt the same way. What could have been.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Remember that dude had a first round grade and then didn't even get drafted because he was linked to death of a former girlfriend just before draft.

He had to play as an UDFA with Dallas and has been a starter there ever since at G or T =.

I wanted Bears to draft him in 6th or 7th.  Police said he wasn't even a suspect, they just wanted to talk.   Such over drama at times.   Take a bloody risk in later rounds.  Who cares if you end up cutting a high end risk in 6th round?  

We drafted OT Tayo Fabuluje in 6th instead, remember him?  Me either.

I said I'd throw a late pick at him too. 

If something crazy happened and he was actually linked or tried then you can cut him for peanuts and issue the standard apology statement. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Collins' agent came out and said he would hold out if not drafted in rounds 1-3.

There's always more to the story. UFA gave Collins a chance to choose his team and negotiate a deal outside of the rookie scale. I'm not sure he would have played for any team who drafted him.

That is a really good point.   

But I don't think Bears made any effort to take advantage of situation or kick tires.  A starting OT talent is really hard to find.

At time everyone had a first round grade on him, to me that is worth a 3rd round pick even.  We took Hroniss Grasu in third round.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

That is a really good point.   

But I don't think Bears made any effort to take advantage of situation or kick tires.  A starting OT talent is really hard to find.

At time everyone had a first round grade on him, to me that is worth a 3rd round pick even.  We took Hroniss Grasu in third round.

Now why on earth did you have to remind us of that?

• Like 2

Falcons signed OT Elijah Wilkinson, formerly of the Bears. 

A longtime top Broncos reserve, Wilkinson made only one start his lone year in Chicago. Still only 27 with experience at both tackle and guard, Wilkinson should have pretty good odds of cracking the 53-man roster in Atlanta and serving as the "first man off the bench" along the line. 

Raiders signed OG Alex Bars, formerly of the Bears. 
Bars proved versatile with the Bears, playing guard, center, and tackle in his three years with the team. He started 11 games for Chicago over the past two years, appearing in every regular season game. 

Falcons signed CB Teez Tabor, formerly of the Bears. 
The ex-Lions made six appearances in Chicago last season after earning zero regular season caps in 2019-20. Although he is a former second-rounder, Tabor is a pure end-of-roster flier, one who will have to work hard to crack the 53-man roster, even in Atlanta. 

19 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

3/46.5

That clears the 15M APY which means the Bears stand to earn a 3rd round comp pick.

Stafford will be best QB he has ever had to work with.

Honestly if there wasn't the bad blood and history now from last year, in a vacuum, that signing makes sense for Bears given market.

He would have made a lot more, I believe, if he had originally signed with GB instead of Chicago out of Jacksonville.  

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Good news for the comp formula next year.

26 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

3/46.5

That clears the 15M APY which means the Bears stand to earn a 3rd round comp pick.

Will it though? The Bears have like no one on the roster. Inevitably they have to sign some guys and won't it cancel this out?