TNF: Steelers @ Vikings

FinSting

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Underrated part of the Claypool celebration thing was after they spiked the ball it looked like he was yelling at Turner who was trying to get the ball from Claypool so they cold spike the ball 

yep, and the ball squirted out of Claypools hands too and they couldnt grab it.

lost 14 seconds from catch/tackle to the spike

its worth another look in real time

Edited by Malfatron

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

That was a perfect pass from Ben. That pass to Harris after the two minute warning which went for 2 yards ate up about 35 seconds and the Claypool celebration on a first down ate up another 10 seconds ish. Just gave up so much time 

I remember when Chase Claypool talked about how bad the niners practice schedule was and how led it to more injuries last year.

The source of that was likely his college teammate, UDFA WR Chris Finke, who was promptly released after Claypools comments.

If i was a top draft pick and my bottom of the roster buddy vented his frustrations (valid or not), i would probably keep it to myself to ensure nothing happens to him

39 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Awesome response. No one wants to be objective about Kirk at all. The closest thing you can get to a conversation about Kirk is “lolololol KiRk iS a JoKe” and it’s an old, bad take that has been disproven by his actual play over and over again. When he plays great football (which is most of the time) no one says a word… when he starts to have a rare misstep NFL fans come crashing out of the wood works to point and laugh just because they get off on doing it. There is literally never any substance to the criticism. It’s disappointing to see… and this is coming from a Cowboys fan. 

And yes, Kirk has played like a top 5-10 QB this season. Heck, he has been better than Aaron Rodgers… and Rodgers is in the MVP conversation.

While Claypool is definitely an idiot, I think he was mad at the lineman because he still knew they were in a hurry and was gonna get the ball to the ref. Claypool, without the lineman coming over, probably cost the team literally a second or two, but the lineman took it upon himself to run over and become involved in the exchange and unsurprisingly, three people being involved in the process caused the ball to end up on the ground and chew up more clock. They're both idiots, but no one is going to give the lineman any crap.

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

Naw Raiders AB takes the cake lol.

Sorry his stupidity is still steelers property. he came up in the league with them, developed his habits as a pro with them. Tomlin did a good job keeping most of it under wraps (which ultimately probably also enabled it), but his idiocy is the steelers'. Even if you just count what he did on their watch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Awesome response. No one wants to be objective about Kirk at all. The closest thing you can get to a conversation about Kirk is “lolololol KiRk iS a JoKe” and it’s an old, bad take that has been disproven by his actual play over and over again. When he plays great football (which is most of the time) no one says a word… when he starts to have a rare misstep NFL fans come crashing out of the wood works to point and laugh just because they get off on doing it. There is literally never any substance to the criticism. It’s disappointing to see… and this is coming from a Cowboys fan. 

And yes, Kirk has played like a top 5-10 QB this season. Heck, he has been better than Aaron Rodgers… and Rodgers is in the MVP conversation.

People laugh at Cousins because he is exactly what people see in him.....an average highly overpaid QB.

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

People laugh at Cousins because he is exactly what people see in him.....an average highly overpaid QB.

His numbers don’t suggest average, really going on two years now. Maybe overpaid, but I think that argument can be made across the board at the QB position.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

Just now, vikingsrule said:

His numbers don’t suggest average, really going on two years now. Maybe overpaid, but I think that argument can be made across the board at the QB position.

That's why stats need context. I dont see much difference between him and JG. Both can be good enough when surrounded by talent, but will never be good enough to elevate the talent around them.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

That's why stats need context. I dont see much difference between him and JG. Both can be good enough when surrounded by talent, but will never be good enough to elevate the talent around them.

He’s not elevating Jefferson? He’s been arguably the most prolific WR two years into a career. Tyler Conklin and KJ Osborne have also emerged as obscure mid round picks to legit threats. 

Just now, vikingsrule said:

He’s not elevating Jefferson? He’s been arguably the most prolific WR two years into a career. Tyler Conklin and KJ Osborne have also emerged as obscure mid round picks to legit threats. 

Jefferson was a highly touted WR coming out the draft and would've succeeded anywhere. And nobody outside of Vikings and NFC north fans even know who Conklin and Osbourne are.

Cousins is exactly what Snyder thought he was, which is why he tagged him 2 years in a row instead of paying him big money and invested years into him.  He can put up big numbers on a stat sheet....but those numbers don't equal wins.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

9 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Jefferson was a highly touted WR coming out the draft and would've succeeded anywhere. And nobody outside of Vikings and NFC north fans even know who Conklin and Osbourne are.

Was Jefferson really that highly touted? He fell and was labeled as a slot WR. Osborne has been making a lot big plays this year but obviously doesn’t get as many chances behind Adam Thielen, he’s certainly someone fans should pay attention to.  Thielens got 10+ Tds on the year despite missing time. Cousins isn’t elite but I think he’s a tier above Jimmy G. The passing offense is the only reason why the Vikes are competitive. The run game has been inefficient, coaching has been awful and the defense has been a disaster. 

29 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I do believe he's a better qb than JG, the scheme in Minnesota is nothing special and yes of course he's got playmakers but let's not act like Deebo/Kittle are not ballers too. He's got a much better deep ball 

• Like 1