Week 15: Packers @ Ravens. POSTGAME: Packers WIN 31-30, Improve to 11-3 & win the NFC North Title!

FAH1223

15 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I'm starting to wonder if Bak will play before January...

Starting to wonder if he's going to play at all. Dont know how you can have him playing a month from now at a high level if he is still experiencing swelling in his knee. No point in bringing him back at 70%.  Super Bowl run or not I wouldn't even want to risk him reinjuring that knee considering we just signed him to a long term deal for top end money.

• Like 1

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   With both Billy Turner & David Bakhtiari out against the Ravens, the Packers only have 7 available offensive linemen on the active roster. Expect to see the team elevate Cole Van Lanen later today to bump this to 8 OL, allowing 48 total active players on gameday instead of 47.

22 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I'm starting to wonder if Bak will play before January...

I dont see how he can sit for over a year.....practice a bit....then jump into starting once the elimination games begin.
Nothing against the guy, but at that stage, it might be better to go with those already getting the reps that got us to those elimination games.

Big game, usual keys. 

• Can the offense and the passing game make it work and get some scores? 
  • Can the Packers score more 7's than 3's?
  • How will run games go, both ways?  Not sure where their health status is, but Ravens have had both good rush offense and rush defense.  Will our running game be able to be productive and useful against them?  And we won't stifle their run constantly, but can we do it often enough to get a decent number of stoppable 3rd downs?
  • How will 3rd downs go?  Games and drives so often hinge on those.  Packers haven't exactly been a big-play offense, so you need extended drives and lots of first downs.  Can Rodgers convert a bunch of 3rds to keep drives rolling?  Can the defense stop a bunch of theirs?  
  • Last week the Packers constantly pressured Fields, but he almost always was able to escape, often with productive runs.  Can the defense contain Jackson and Huntley?  
  • INT:  I believe the Packers are undefeated when they get an INT, and winless when they don't.  Could they maybe perhaps win a game against a run-oriented Ravens team without getting an INT?  If not, can they snag one again this game, and keep the undefeated-with-an-INT run going?  

As always, I expect the defense to play variably well.  *IF* the offense can sustain drives and score points, we can win it.  If the o-line is getting smucked so that 1st-down runs are going for nothing, and 3rd-down passes are getting pressured big, it could be tough. 

Edited by craig

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont see how he can sit for over a year.....practice a bit....then jump into starting once the elimination games begin.
Nothing against the guy, but at that stage, it might be better to go with those already getting the reps that got us to those elimination games.

Bakhtiari with a peg leg is preferable to Kelly.

That meniscus clean up they did has to still be giving him issues

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Leader said:

We're going to know more next week and the week after.  If he is progressing on schedule, he should eventually be able to complete a full week of full practice and not just limited participation.  I don't expect to see him until game 16 and even then for maybe only for half of it to see how his knee responds.  Might be the same thing for game 17.  

This offensive line is a wreck right now and only Rodgers and the offensive line coach is making it look like a workable unit.   It would be great to get him back along with our center and Turner for the playoffs.   

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

We're going to know more next week and the week after.  If he is progressing on schedule, he should eventually be able to complete a full week of full practice and not just limited participation.  I don't expect to see him until game 16 and even then for maybe only for half of it to see how his knee responds.  Might be the same thing for game 17.  This offensive line is a wreck right now and only Rodgers and the offensive line coach is making it look like a workable unit.   It would be great to get him back along with our center and Turner for the playoffs.   

Agree.

As for Bak - I dont need to see him a whole bunch during the regular season - but think it necessary to both try the knee out and get him up to some semblance of game speed before the playoffs. Feel somewhat the same about Jaire. Although the injury is different, expecting him to step right in and be Mr. Shut Down without any warm up games.............I'd rather that not be necessary.

As stated - minus scheming and execution (which ARs not been great at in past games against them....) Tampa's front would eat this OL for lunch. We need as many back as we can get. I mean, I give them high marks for being able to hold the fort as they have / are doing.....but...........that front 5-6 is lurking - and I'll tell ya it would be a real ***** for them to come to Lambeau and beat us again. 

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   With both Billy Turner & David Bakhtiari out against the Ravens, the Packers only have 7 available offensive linemen on the active roster. Expect to see the team elevate Cole Van Lanen later today to bump this to 8 OL, allowing 48 total active players on gameday instead of 47.

I think I like Kelly at RT going forward. He's a pure RT and a huge man. We could put Billy back at guard and get Newman out of there. 

• Like 1