Week 15: Packers @ Ravens. POSTGAME: Packers WIN 31-30, Improve to 11-3 & win the NFC North Title!

FAH1223

PackersWire -  The Green Bay Packers added three players from the practice squad ahead of Sunday’s showdown with the Baltimore Ravens.

The team promoted safety Shawn Davis from the practice squad to the 53-man roster and elevated defensive lineman Abdullah Anderson and offensive lineman Cole Van Lanen to the gameday roster.

As Leader noted, Packers called up Shawn Davis from PS for today.  I wonder if he'll be used on coverage ST?  Played for Florida, got drafted this year by Indy in 5th round, but got cut in camp, and then got cut from practice squad within a month.  Packers have had him since September, so he's had a couple of months to get settled into our ST process. 

Edited by craig

32 minutes ago, craig said:

As Leader noted, Packers called up Shawn Davis from PS for today.  I wonder if he'll be used on coverage ST?  Played for Florida, got drafted this year by Indy in 5th round, but got cut in camp, and then got cut from practice squad within a month.  Packers have had him since September, so he's had a couple of months to get settled into our ST process. 

Trying to find some info on him.  Looking at his highlight video, he should have been a first or second rounder, so that wasn't much help.  Looking at his athletic profile, he seems to me to be a very slightly smaller version of Henry Black.  Most of the scouting reports claim that he should be a special teams contributor, he is probably more of a replacement there for EQ or Malik Taylor than he is an extra DB.  But I could just as easily be incorrect.  

12 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hopefully but vaxxed people still get sick.

Yea but for perspective, the Wash team doc said 21 of their 23 players who tested positive were asymptomatic. These guys are in such good health in general, it seems most of them never end up getting symptoms.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

They lost Westry yesterday as well. Their secondary is beyond gutted. Coupled with no Lamar, this game is officially going to be a cake walk or a monumental disappointment. 

I remember a Colts game some time ago when the Colts had a street FA secondly due to injury. The Colts won that game, I think, because their DBs were running around back there doing unpredictable things that confused our QB. Can't remember if it was Favre or Rodgers. The NFL is random.

• Like 1