Week 15 GDT: Raiders (6-7) @ Browns (7-6)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddduuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhssssssss
    • The logo-less, weird color schemed team of Cleveland

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just finished watching the game that was pathetic we basically went to the wire vs a team playing a lot of backups 

We suck ***. RZ is hot trash. Penalties everywhere. Never have uniform execution on offense. It's horrible. 

I get that this team is trying hard, but the cupboard is bare lmao,

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They were down 18 player. 9 starters and their head coach. They played their 3rd string QB. Raiders needed a last second FG to put 16 points on the board.

Yeh, but if you're going to play that sob story you also have to acknowledge that we were down our WR1, TE, FB, RB2, OG1, OG2, had a backup RT, also missing McCoy, Morrow, Mullens, Hobbs probably missed a few others plus the farce with Arnette and of course Ruggs actually killed someone and we're on our 2nd HC too.

There were tons of mistakes from both sides but we got a W and ultimately that's all that matters.

Far, far from a good game but credit the win in my book. We've had more disruption that any team including the Browns as teams should have been prepared for Covid disruption but no-one could have been prepared for what we went through.  

• Like 1

I couldn't careless if Browns had guys out on covid. Every team has guys out, that's how this works... Next man up. Win is a win. Believe me the Browns don't care Gruden's not coaching. No Ruggs. Waller,Drake, Ingold, two starting guards. Pro Bowl LB Denzel Perryman, the outstanding lockdown rookie CB Nate Hobbs. Its the same thing. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, but if you're going to play that sob story you also have to acknowledge that we were down our WR1, TE, FB, RB2, OG1, OG2, had a backup RT, also missing McCoy, Morrow, Mullens, Hobbs probably missed a few others plus the farce with Arnette and of course Ruggs actually killed someone and we're on our 2nd HC too.

There were tons of mistakes from both sides but we got a W and ultimately that's all that matters.

Far, far from a good game but credit the win in my book. We've had more disruption that any team including the Browns as teams should have been prepared for Covid disruption but no-one could have been prepared for what we went through.  

Exactly this. Can’t get my head those whining about the Browns being short of players etc after what we have been through. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Lot of dropped passes tonight I thought. 
Carrs fumble was bad, and we all know if Carr gets sacked its 50-50 the ball is coming out. 
We ran better than normal I thought. 
Some bad throws by Carr no doubt, but I think drops were the main issue tonight. 2 Zay jones and Djax all on 3rd downs across the sticks in the hands that were dropped come to mind. Then i know Moreau had some too, and jacobs. 

Was it the weather possibly? Cold football? Something was up. Cleveland had a fair share of drops as well. And I've never seen Renfrow muff a punt before and he did it twice. Catching the ball was an issue for both sides.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Totally different. The Raiders have been without these guys and able to practice and game plan accordingly. 

The Browns lost 9 starters and their HC and had to patch work a game plan in a short time frame.

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Was it the weather possibly? Cold football? Something was up. Cleveland had a fair share of drops as well. And I've never seen Renfrow muff a punt before and he did it twice. Catching the ball was an issue for both sides.

For sure, but thats not on Carr. He can only put the ball where it needs to be. 
Drops on 3rd downs kill drives, and keep points off the board. 

Carr played well enough in a cold weather game. The int and fumble where killer. Fumble was brutal, int I kinda wanna blame Jones. I dont know why Djax doesnt get those deep shots.
At least zay came up end of game

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's Carr. Jones is his boy and he's going to force it to him obviously. Edwards has size and can actually track the ball downfield but isn't getting those looks. 

Zay to his credit came thru clutch dare I say on that final drive but he’s a possession wr at this juncture. Why he’s getting deep looks we don’t know lol

Just now, SimonGruber said:

Move him to LB but he’s not going to hold at the same time. His style thank goodness he hasn’t friendly fired anybody but he still an injury waiting to happen 

The role he played last night was perfect for him, bit of safety & linebacker. 

Deablo is showing up as well which is a real plus. If we can get Morrow & Perryman back the LB corp isn’t looking too bad. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

For sure, but thats not on Carr. He can only put the ball where it needs to be. 
Drops on 3rd downs kill drives, and keep points off the board. 

Carr played well enough in a cold weather game. The int and fumble where killer. Fumble was brutal, int I kinda wanna blame Jones. I dont know why Djax doesnt get those deep shots.
At least zay came up end of game

Who said it was on Carr?

The fumble was predictable. Carr looses all composure when he's getting hit. Even that scramble, he had no regard for the ball and luckily didn't loose it. 

The INT was his fault. There were 3 defenders there. He locked on to Jones and missed a wide open Renfrow on the crosser. He was forcing stuff to Zay all night and luckily it paid off in the end. 

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Who said it was on Carr?

The fumble was predictable. Carr looses all composure when he's getting hit. Even that scramble, he had no regard for the ball and luckily didn't loose it. 

The INT was his fault. There were 3 defenders there. He locked on to Jones and missed a wide open Renfrow on the crosser. He was forcing stuff to Zay all night and luckily it paid off in the end. 

fair, I was originally just responding to the stat about us being held to 17 or under in 8 games, which Carr deserves a lot of the blame in other games (Giants, Chi). Was just making the point, that this game it wasnt all on him. 

Also, the cold weather everyone says Carr plays poor (which is true), but again last night I thought he threw pretty well all things considered. 

yeah I mean if Carr gets hit I just assume the ball is coming out lol. 
The int, I should say, I thought Zay couldve played the ball better earlier. . . but the decision to throw it was def dumb. Even if he caught it, we wouldve just left time on the clock for Cle