Week 15 GDT: Raiders (6-7) @ Browns (7-6)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddduuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhssssssss
    • The logo-less, weird color schemed team of Cleveland

2 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

I don't really think that is the point. Rules have to be rules, because if they are not rules then what? We have no DPI in week 16, no HOLDING in week 17 and for the last week of the regular season we will turn a blind eye to TARGETING? We could have a little wheel of fortune to decide what rules apply that week and which ones don't.

What exactly are the rules? 

The way I see it a player on the covid list should be treated the same way a layer on the injured list is.  If we had 10 injured players would they push the game back for our players to be healthy?  Now if the Raiders had somehow caused players on the Browns team to not be ready for whatever reason then I can understand.  I do not like the forfeit rule nor do I want to win this game because I think it will end up being meaningless anyways but the NFL made a rule and is now changing its tune.  Whether it is our team or another it should have been enforced if it is the rule.  Usual NFL BS like Kelce not fulfilling the time aspect of a catch.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It's just annoying that they flexed the game from Sunday to Saturday 3 weeks ago and now they're moving it to Monday. Wouldn't have been as big of an issue if they just kept it on Sunday as originally scheduled. 

When did they announce who would be playing on Saturday?  I thought it had been us the entire time but I could be wrong.

5 hours ago, dante9876 said:

What did they originally decide? 

That if a team had an outbreak and didn't have enough players to play the game on the originally scheduled date that they'd either have to forfeit or the owner would have to pay all of the costs that come with rescheduling the game. (IIRC it's like $60M)

7 hours ago, Trojan said:

If we don't have an outbreak, then we play them Monday and we have an outbreak next week I'm going to be pretty mad. They should play down with their available players as we should if the situation were reversed.

We have to play the Broncos on a short week now, total BS.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

That if a team had an outbreak and didn't have enough players to play the game on the originally scheduled date that they'd either have to forfeit or the owner would have to pay all of the costs that come with rescheduling the game. (IIRC it's like $60M)

Where did you get that from? 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I felt this in my bones

We haven't been very good but the NFL hasn't exactly treated us very well. IIRC last year when our entire OL was in covid protocol instead of flexing our game a day or two later they moved us from SNF to earlier in the day, lol.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We haven't been very good but the NFL hasn't exactly treated us very well. IIRC last year when our entire OL was in covid protocol instead of flexing our game a day or two later they moved us from SNF to earlier in the day, lol.

The inconsistencies are maddening. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

McDonald’s tweet isn’t wrong, but there’s a widespread feeling among the fan base that the league (i.e., Goodell) has one set of rules for certain teams that get conveniently tossed aside when other certain teams are concerned — and I don’t think that feeling is entirely unjustified.

The fact that the game was switched to Monday is absolute BS. There was some next-level conflict of interest going on, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So this link and that memo is different than what you said in your quote. First it said if it's an outbreak of unvaccinated players the game could be forfeited. Is that the case with the browns? Also it said owners would have to to pay cost of the cancel game if cannot be rescheduled which is also determined of the outbreak being among the unvaccinated. 

Not sure why anybody thinks the league was suppose to forfeit this game. Or that is what the rules said. They clearly didn't say that.