Week 15 GDT: Raiders (6-7) @ Browns (7-6)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddduuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhssssssss
    • The logo-less, weird color schemed team of Cleveland

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The inconsistencies are maddening. 

What inconsistency. Our game was a prime time game, that got moved cause it had a chance to get postponed. The reason we wasn't afforded any favors is cause trent brown was relax about covid rules and relax about wearing his tracker. Also Denver played with a wr at qb last year. The league showed they don't care if one position group gets hit hard. You can still go play. 

14 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What inconsistency. Our game was a prime time game, that got moved cause it had a chance to get postponed. The reason we wasn't afforded any favors is cause trent brown was relax about covid rules and relax about wearing his tracker. Also Denver played with a wr at qb last year. The league showed they don't care if one position group gets hit hard. You can still go play. 

Here is the issue.  I believe there are two sets of rules depending on the teams.  What I do not believe is that it is just the Raiders.  There is friction however between this team and the league.  The league is run by human beings and no matter how unbiased you try to be it will still play a role.  If you look at the NBA it is obvious the 2 sets of rules and they do not care if the fans know it because the fans keep spending money.  The NFL will be biased towards teams that bring in the money.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Here is the issue.  I believe there are two sets of rules depending on the teams.  What I do not believe is that it is just the Raiders.  There is friction however between this team and the league.  The league is run by human beings and no matter how unbiased you try to be it will still play a role.  If you look at the NBA it is obvious the 2 sets of rules and they do not care if the fans know it because the fans keep spending money.  The NFL will be biased towards teams that bring in the money.

Yes the NFL is bias towards making money I agree with that. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

McDonald’s tweet isn’t wrong, but there’s a widespread feeling among the fan base that the league (i.e., Goodell) has one set of rules for certain teams that get conveniently tossed aside when other certain teams are concerned — and I don’t think that feeling is entirely unjustified.

The fact that the game was switched to Monday is absolute BS. There was some next-level conflict of interest going on, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

“In exchange for moving the games back, league sources expect Tretter and the NFLPA won’t stand in the way of the league stopping all testing of vaccinated and asymptomatic players,” The Athletic’s Vic Tafur reported on Saturday.

“That would ensure the league gets through the 17-game regular season without any more hassle. Which is what this is all about — a league that overlooks the effects of Thursday games and artificial turf on player health isn’t all of a sudden losing sleep over the COVID-19 lists. It just wants to get its games in and keep the television and stadium revenues flowing.”

Always follow the money. It's all about money and leverage.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

It's openly bias Robert Kraft got caught with a hooker( after getting caught cheating twice) nothing happens but Gruden 10 year old emails got him fired.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It's openly bias Robert Kraft got caught with a hooker( after getting caught cheating twice) nothing happens but Gruden 10 year old emails got him fired.

Gruden did not get fired. He resigned. Second, the two situations are not remotely the same. 

Kraft embarrassed himself, but his action did not effect his organization in the locker room. Billionaire getting some strange, bad look, but players don't care. He's  a winner and they play for a winning organization.

Gruden made racist, anti-gay and misogynistic comments which have ripple effects in the locker room. That said, Gruden and Davis succumbed to the pressure of the NFL. I personally think Gruden could have owned it, apologized for it and kept on going. Players knew the guy personally and while his image would take a hit, I think they eventually rally around him. Hell, they played all out the 2 games after he left.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden did not get fired. He resigned. Second, the two situations are not remotely the same. 

Kraft embarrassed himself, but his action did not effect his organization in the locker room. Billionaire getting some strange, bad look, but players don't care. He's  a winner and they play for a winning organization.

Gruden made racist, anti-gay and misogynistic comments which have ripple effects in the locker room. That said, Gruden and Davis succumbed to the pressure of the NFL. I personally think Gruden could have owned it, apologized for it and kept on going. Players knew the guy personally and while his image would take a hit, I think they eventually rally around him. Hell, they played all out the 2 games after he left.

The perception of the 2 incidents is very different but if players were more aware of the seriousness of Kraft's actions then they should be more enraged because of him.  I am not giving Gruden a pass and am happy he was forced to resign but Kraft was paying for sex with what amounts to slaves.  What Kraft did was horrible and he should have been forced out also.  Because it was little Asian women they see it as just like prostitution.  It is sad that people see 10 year old emails as a worse incident then contributing to sex trafficking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

So you're saying human trafficking for sex is not

a big deal?

On 12/18/2021 at 11:32 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

The inconsistencies are maddening. 

Yup.

This isn't about the NFL hating on the Raiders, because we got screwed by the COVID protocols last year too. Plus, we'll still likely be missing plenty of players even with the game moved. However, the league's inconsistency on how they apply their rules is absurd. Like others have said, the NFL isn't a proactive league, but a reactive one.

They likely really didn't wanna move the game until they realized the Browns (and WFT and the Rams) were in serious danger of having to forfeit. While they said they'd allow a forfeiture, we all know the NFL isn't gonna miss out on the money that they'd lose with a forfeit.

Long story short - the NFL is insanely inept in so many ways, despite being so successful.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

The perception of the 2 incidents is very different but if players were more aware of the seriousness of Kraft's actions then they should be more enraged because of him.  I am not giving Gruden a pass and am happy he was forced to resign but Kraft was paying for sex with what amounts to slaves.  What Kraft did was horrible and he should have been forced out also.  Because it was little Asian women they see it as just like prostitution.  It is sad that people see 10 year old emails as a worse incident then contributing to sex trafficking.

I agree 100%. Disgusting act and no doubt his power and influence in the league carried. Gruden's problem, he commented against Goodell. You can't poke the bear. 

16 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

So you're saying human trafficking for sex is not

a big deal?

No, I'm saying his action didn't carry the same weight in the locker room and he's looked at differently as an owner. Players are not going to break rank with the man who writes the paychecks. Further, because is a winning franchise, they have leadership to absorb the PR issues.

I think the NFL should have pressured him out the same as Richardson with the Panthers. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I agree 100%. Disgusting act and no doubt his power and influence in the league carried. Gruden's problem, he commented against Goodell. You can't poke the bear. 

No, I'm saying his action didn't carry the same weight in the locker room and he's looked at differently as an owner. Players are not going to break rank with the man who writes the paychecks. Further, because is a winning franchise, they have leadership to absorb the PR issues.

I think the NFL should have pressured him out the same as Richardson with the Panthers. 

The Raiders are sitting on 10s of billions by being in Las Vegas and the NFL wants a friendly team at the center of sports betting in America.