Week 15 GDT: Raiders (6-7) @ Browns (7-6)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddduuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhssssssss
    • The logo-less, weird color schemed team of Cleveland

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not happy his team doesn't get to play against practice squad players lol. 

Despite that, the NFL set an expectation and should stick to it. They don't suddenly make it 5 downs!

It may be the Raider fan in me talking but if the situations were reversed I am not 100% convinced it would have been postponed. That aside, what is the new standard for postponing a game? 20 players? 12 players? 8 players? 5 players? Does it make a difference if they are good players? Maybe a total of their Madden ratings? Where they were drafted? Leagues have to be run in a fair, unbiased way and you can't just move the goal posts in the middle of the season because it "suits some people".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

Despite that, the NFL set an expectation and should stick to it. They don't suddenly make it 5 downs!

It may be the Raider fan in me talking but if the situations were reversed I am not 100% convinced it would have been postponed. That aside, what is the new standard for postponing a game? 20 players? 12 players? 8 players? 5 players? Does it make a difference if they are good players? Maybe a total of their Madden ratings? Where they were drafted? Leagues have to be run in a fair, unbiased way and you can't just move the goal posts in the middle of the season because it "suits some people".

Yup 100% agreed. Its Not about the nfl hates the raiders, or whatever some fans will claim. 

The NFL just has to set the rules, and stick to them. Make the rules official, so everyone knows what the process is. 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Yup 100% agreed. Its Not about the nfl hates the raiders, or whatever some fans will claim. 

The NFL just has to set the rules, and stick to them. Make the rules official, so everyone knows what the process is. 

FTR, I am not a big fan of the no-postpone guidance they issued for situations exactly like this, but this is what THEY decided upon.

And as has been put out on some media networks what about the game between the Packers and Chiefs when Rodgers was out - should that get replayed...and a whole pile of other games where one team had disproportionate loss of talent. In some ways it starts to invalidate the season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

FTR, I am not a big fan of the no-postpone guidance they issued for situations exactly like this, but this is what THEY decided upon.

And as has been put out on some media networks what about the game between the Packers and Chiefs when Rodgers was out - should that get replayed...and a whole pile of other games where one team had disproportionate loss of talent. In some ways it starts to invalidate the season.

It's just annoying that they flexed the game from Sunday to Saturday 3 weeks ago and now they're moving it to Monday. Wouldn't have been as big of an issue if they just kept it on Sunday as originally scheduled. 

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's just annoying that they flexed the game from Sunday to Saturday 3 weeks ago and now they're moving it to Monday. Wouldn't have been as big of an issue if they just kept it on Sunday as originally scheduled. 

For me the moving about is less of an issue (though incredibly annoying). The bigger issue for me is they made an announcement / rule that they would not move games and teams would either play or forfeit...which is now seemingly not the case. They should apply the rule...period! If Davis had any balls he would demand that the NFL apply its own rule. I don't think Al would have just let them off the hook.

It’s funny to me how a bunch of Raider players are on Twitter crying about the game being postponed to Monday. So I guess they’re upset they don’t get to compete against practice squad players? 

Makes it seem like they don’t believe they can beat Cleveland when they are at full strength. 

11 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

It’s funny to me how a bunch of Raider players are on Twitter crying about the game being postponed to Monday. So I guess they’re upset they don’t get to compete against practice squad players? 

Makes it seem like they don’t believe they can beat Cleveland when they are at full strength. 

I don't really think that is the point. Rules have to be rules, because if they are not rules then what? We have no DPI in week 16, no HOLDING in week 17 and for the last week of the regular season we will turn a blind eye to TARGETING? We could have a little wheel of fortune to decide what rules apply that week and which ones don't.

3 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

I don't really think that is the point. Rules have to be rules, because if they are not rules then what? We have no DPI in week 16, no HOLDING in week 17 and for the last week of the regular season we will turn a blind eye to TARGETING? We could have a little wheel of fortune to decide what rules apply that week and which ones don't.

I hear you and don’t disagree but I just wish the players showed that passion on Sunday’s between the lines. 

55 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Players have lives also that revolve around the football schedule. Nfl needs to stick to what they originally decided