Dolphins sign former Raider 1st Round CB Damon Arnette to PS

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Dude stinks. In the history of burnt toast at CB, he's up there.

Not saying you are wrong, but you are basing that primarily on his rookie year and maybe a few games this year.   

In no way do I expect him to bounce back or become a good corner (if only because he has rather suspect intelligence), but some CBs just take time to develop.

As stated, he is on the practice squad, and likely wont go much further than that....but its not a high risk move.

6 hours ago, Dome said:

Yeah. It’s not like PS are full of guys ready to step into an important role. It’s mostly guys you hope don’t see the field but offer some kind of upside as a developmental piece.

Not to be the guy to rag on a player no longer on my favorite team, but Arnette was the guy, when someone went down and he came in, he was targeted and usually gave up cheeks. Guys like Brandon Facyson and Rasul Douglas who were on practice squads at some point this season are much better. 

End of the day, I don’t think Arnette cares enough about football to find success. He’s not the Uber talented guy that can get buy on talent, and his work ethic was a constant question mark his short time with LV. 

but yea, no risk in making this move. 

Edited by Geezy

Crazy the Dolphins have the 19th and 30th picks from the 2020 class at CB in Arnette and Noah I. I'm not sure either is likely to ever make an impact though which is crazy to think about, even if the Dolphins themselves invested near no resources in Arnette.

7 hours ago, Geezy said:

Not to be the guy to rag on a player no longer on my favorite team, but Arnette was the guy, when someone went down and he came in, he was targeted and usually gave up cheeks. Guys like Brandon Facyson and Rasul Douglas who were on practice squads at some point this season are much better. 

End of the day, I don’t think Arnette cares enough about football to find success. He’s not the Uber talented guy that can get buy on talent, and his work ethic was a constant question mark his short time with LV. 

but yea, no risk in making this move. 

Yeah I don’t expect much from him at all. But at this point in his career he’s just trying to stick around as a 5th/emergency CB and none of those guys generally have a ton of nice things you can say about them.