What is Tyler Huntley’s Future?

brownie man

I’m convinced this dude is at least as good as Tyrod Taylor, and could eventually be much more. 

He’s not a Lamar clone, but I do think he has a skill set that can be very successful. He’s athletic, he’s got a strong arm, and he’s making solid decisions. 

Right now as a Browns fans I’d take him over Baker, and if I’m a QB needy team over all the potential QBs this off-season he could be that diamond in the rough. Dude has played Fantastic this season. I think he might be a franchise QB. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

He still has some pretty massive flaws. He doesn't have good pocket presence, holds the ball loosely when scrambling around, and always rolls out to the right even if there is not much pressure. 

So for now he is a good backup because he can come in for a game or two and make some plays. But whether he can have sustained success remains a question. 

A backup who can play in an offense such as this. He's not going to back up someone like Matt Stafford or Tom Brady - but in an offense that has QB running elements or an offense that gets the QB rolling to create throwing lanes, he's a solid backup option.

If you're going to try to make this guy a starter, you'll find your REAL starter the following draft after picking 1.1; You're not going to win many games.

• Like 1