Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The BOB rumor is a joke right?  La Canfora isn’t local and he throws a lot of rumors that go nowhere.  But that’s still a wild rumor. 

Fairy certain, yes. There’s been no other person stating they’ve heard the same/reports of a request from the Jaguars. I just see some accounts recycling that report and saying how hilarious it’d be.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Fairy certain, yes. There’s been no other person stating they’ve heard the same. I just see some accounts recycling that report/saying how hilarious it’d be.

To be clear it’s CBS La Canfora in another article not NFLMemes lol.   But yeah he’s said a lot of **** that didn’t pan out at all.  

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The BOB rumor is a joke right?  La Canfora isn’t local and he throws a lot of rumors that go nowhere.  But that’s still a wild rumor. 

I want it to be true for @ET80's sake, but I don't think he wish that evil on a division rival.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 12:49 PM, .Buzz said:

Albright said two teams like him a lot. 

Going to guess Chicago and LV.

Rumor has it that Harbaugh to the Raiders may already be a done deal, we're just waiting until our season is over out of respect for our current staff as they make a push for the playoffs. Based on our recent rumors I think there's a possibility that it is a done deal. Rich/Gus will likely be interviewed out of respect, one of Frazier/Bowles will be interviewed to satisfy the Rooney rule, and then we'll finalize a deal with Jim.

On 1/4/2022 at 2:31 PM, Broncofan said:

I'm in the minority but I don't think that it'd be a terrible hire for them. BOB gets a ton of flack on here but while he was with Houston they had a winning record in 5/6 years. What screwed him in the end was that he was given total control over personnel decisions and just made a bunch of god awful moves.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm in the minority but I don't think that it'd be a terrible hire for them. BOB gets a ton of flack on here but while he was with Houston they had a winning record in 5/6 years. What screwed him in the end was that he was given total control over personnel decisions and just made a bunch of god awful moves.

I don’t totally disagree. Plus you look at what he got out of Hackenberg at Penn State, won games (in a bad division yes) with a bunch of nobody QBs, likely aided in the development/system for Watson who is/was a top 5 QB, and then went to Bama and was the OC for Bryce Young who won the heisman.

I still would absolutely hate the hire. Everything that happened in HOU is just too fresh for me. He also seems like a bit of a hot head and I don’t think this organization can afford that type of personality right now.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 8:26 PM, Dr LBC said:

I want it to be true for @ET80's sake, but I don't think he wish that evil on a division rival.

Nope! I'm off to fight the good fight with my frienemies in Duval.

Bill O'Brien does not deserve another NFL job, and I'll do my part to make sure he doesn't get one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm in the minority but I don't think that it'd be a terrible hire for them. BOB gets a ton of flack on here but while he was with Houston they had a winning record in 5/6 years. 

This was an illusion - his wins were almost all exclusively in division, he'd go 6-0 against bad Indy/Jax/Tenn teams and 3-7 against everyone else. Once Indy got rid of Chuck Pagano for Frank Reich and Tennessee got rid of Ken Whisenhunt for Mike Vrabel, the odds started to work against him.

Bill O'Brien won NFL games the same way Urban Meyer won college games - overwhelming his opponent with superior talent. Not hard to beat Jax, Tennessee (with Marcus Mariota and Demarco Murray) and Indy (with Jacoby Brissett and Marlon Mack) when you have JJ Watt playing at a GOAT level and DeAndre Hopkins/Arian Foster playing at a HoF level. Once you matched that talent (vs Tom Brady, vs Prime AB/Bell/Ben, etc) the Texans were dead in the water. Come playoff time, he'd get the doors blown off by KC (not just Mahomes... but Alex Smith) or have to depend on Connor Cook making his first NFL start to move forward.

Don't let the empty division titles fool you - that's what kept the man employed well after he should have been fired.

• Like 2