Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

14 minutes ago, Xenos said:

His defense was also pretty mediocre if not outright bad in Atlanta. Fangio at least has one side covered. Not an upgrade at all for Denver.

That had much more to do with the GM failing to bring in much talent at the edge rusher position than Quinn/his defense imo.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Fangio is going to be sought after league wide. Wouldn’t count your chickens yet.

We're not even sure Harbaugh is going to be our next HC, don't worry I am not getting my hopes too high. I just hope if we did land Jim, Fangio would find Vegas an attractive landing spot, one being he's worked with Harbs for years and had success together.

I personally wouldn't be too upset if we kept Bradley though tbh. What he's done with our D is pretty impressive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We're not even sure Harbaugh is going to be our next HC, don't worry I am not getting my hopes too high. I just hope if we did land Jim, Fangio would find Vegas an attractive landing spot, one being he's worked with Harbs for years and had success together.

I personally wouldn't be too upset if we kept Bradley though tbh. What he's done with our D is pretty impressive.

I wonder how Harbs & Fangio's relationship is. Harbaugh was basically ran out of SF after 2014. Despite that, Fangio interviewed for the 49ers HC job and seemed willing to take it before it was given to Jim Tomsula (ugh). If your close friend/boss was unfairly let go, would you be willing to take the same job to replace him? 

And Fangio was pretty annoyed at John Harbaugh earlier this year for trying to get that rushing record at the end of their game earlier this season

If the Raiders are able to hire Harbaugh/Fangio, that's probably the homerun hire of the offseason. Depends who he wants as GM though; would he keep Mayock? I know he liked Michael Lombardi way back then who was a finalist back in 2011 along with Baalke; not sure if he'd want to bring him in 

39 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I wonder how Harbs & Fangio's relationship is. Harbaugh was basically ran out of SF after 2014. Despite that, Fangio interviewed for the 49ers HC job and seemed willing to take it before it was given to Jim Tomsula (ugh). If your close friend/boss was unfairly let go, would you be willing to take the same job to replace him? 

And Fangio was pretty annoyed at John Harbaugh earlier this year for trying to get that rushing record at the end of their game earlier this season

If the Raiders are able to hire Harbaugh/Fangio, that's probably the homerun hire of the offseason. Depends who he wants as GM though; would he keep Mayock? I know he liked Michael Lombardi way back then who was a finalist back in 2011 along with Baalke; not sure if he'd want to bring him in 

A lot of questions no one has the answers to. Can't wait to see what plays out.

suspense-willy-wonka.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

If Jim Harbaugh is hired I assume that it will mirror Gruden's hiring back in 2018. Reggie McKenzie was the GM when we hired Gruden, he stayed on for the first year to provide some stability as we transitioned to Gruden being the top dog but was first at the end of 2019 so that Mayock could take over. Have to think that Mayock would serve the same purpose unless he just knocks it out of the park this offseason. 

7 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Don’t go to Vegas unless you’ve been coaching for 30 years and you’re never going to get another chance. Davis can’t be trusted.

I think the thing that makes our job appealing is whoever takes over essentially has full control over our personnel decisions. Mark's problem hasn't been that he's overbearing, it has been that he is 100% hands off but has handed the organization over to people who weren't very smart.

I don't get the feeling BOB/Rhule would be a very good partnership, personality-wise.  And this team is so in the mud... not sure why he'd leave his cozy job at Alabama for here.  

It will be interesting to see what OC takes this job.  It is not an ideal situation.  We have $18m tied to Darnold because we picked up his option.  Our highest-paid player and our best offensive player is coming off 2 injury-plagued seasons that limited him to what, 6 games total between the two?  We have at most 2 starting-level offensive lineman.  We have a HC who will almost certainly get fired with another bad season.  

It is a shame we are bringing him back.  I think there are some people in the media who defend Rhule because they think fans are frustrated by another losing season.  And that isn't the case at all.  We understand a turnaround can take time.  But how the Panthers are in a MUCH worse position, both short-term and long-term, now than we were when he took over... it almost seems intentional.

Edited by iknowcool

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If Jim Harbaugh is hired I assume that it will mirror Gruden's hiring back in 2018. Reggie McKenzie was the GM when we hired Gruden, he stayed on for the first year to provide some stability as we transitioned to Gruden being the top dog but was first at the end of 2019 so that Mayock could take over. Have to think that Mayock would serve the same purpose unless he just knocks it out of the park this offseason. 

Jim might like that Mayock is basically head scout and not someone he has to battle for power though.

17 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Looks like Anthony Lynn is out as OC in Detroit. 

If ppl want to criticize Dan Campbell's 1st year - this is the key problem.    OC Lynn was an awful choice - his play calling and game management absolutely killed the Chargers in his time.   Guy is a great guy, but he needs to be a position coach, he's not an OC or HC.     Quinn having to take over play-calling coincides with his game management issues coming up.

Hire a competent OC, let the play calling go back there, and return to being the oversight role as HC (but don't lose the go-for-it, aggressive mindset, empower the OC & ST coach to keep going that way) - and Campbell should make more progress in Year 2.     Trade back from 1.2 to get 2023 draft capital, ride out another year with Jared Goff, and then load up for the Bryce Young / CJ Stroud / other?? QB class in 2023, and you're set to emerge out of the 3-year rebuild phase with real hope.

Won't lie, I'm still very much rooting for him.   Getting rid of Lynn was a massively needed step to continue on his road to bring DET back to respectibility.

• Like 1