Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

Fangio is a good example of why sometimes, there is a reason why great coordinators get passed over time and time again for head coaching jobs.

Not to say it was a bad hire at the time.  The resume was too strong, so it was definitely worth it.  Just something to remember when you see fans pounding the table for a coordinator who gets passed over multiple times by different teams.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Fangio is a good example of why sometimes, there is a reason why great coordinators get passed over time and time again for head coaching jobs.

Not to say it was a bad hire at the time.  The resume was too strong, so it was definitely worth it.  Just something to remember when you see fans pounding the table for a coordinator who gets passed over multiple times by different teams.  

To be fair, a GM/organization saddling you with Teddy/Drew Lock for your entire duration there is going to make it mightily difficult to do much more than he did. Especially in a division that has 2 legit studs at QB and the other being above average.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I think Staley is the play caller, no?  I don t see Fangio going anywhere without complete autonomy of the defense 

Staley should give it up, hand it to Fangio and concern himself with leading the team and managing game situations

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Feel like the broncos front office failed Vic more than he failed them, tbh (not to say he's a good head coach, but given the QB situation, I think he pretty much met expectations)

Interesting question for me.  Will a team interview or be linked to a female candidate for a HC or coordinator position.  Female position coaches are currently on staffs.  Is this the yr it happens?  If not, how far down the road.  

Edited by ravishingone