Broncofan

IMO, the following coaches get fired

1. Gruden (Already)

2. Meyer (Already)

3. Nagy

4. Fangio

5. Zimmer

6. Carroll

I wouldn't be shocked if Joe Judge goes, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Matt Rhule, David Culley and Brian Flores stay but on the hot seat next year

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mark Davis has been almost completely hands off with football operations other than hiring Jon Gruden, who he gave full control too. When Reggie McKenzie was our GM he had full control over everything including our coaching hire. 

Gruden's entire salary was voided when he was fired. I'm sure he can afford Harbaugh, he gave Gruden a $100M contract.

He was completely hands-off... and then he wasn't.  McKenzie is no longer with the team.  Mayock has never hired a HC, outside of promoting Bisaccia, in his life; Gruden preceded him on the team by 11 months.  There is no head executive on the staff right now with anything close to the kind of experience McKenzie had - or the kind of rapport built up with the Davis family and John Madden (principally through McKenzie being a Ron Wolff disciple).  Mark did what his dad would have done with McKenzie... until the opportunity arose to do his own riff.  Recency shows there isn't reason to trust him to suddenly make the right decision, and he doesn't really have the infrastructure in place to just revert back to the methodology that had been successful for his dad.

Also, he gave Gruden a 10-year/$100M contract (it may have been guaranteed and because of the guarantees 50% held in an escrow account) but it wasn't like he cut a $100M check.  He's also still on the hook for some of that.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-reach-undisclosed-contract-settlement-with-jon-gruden-just-weeks-after-coachs-resignation-over-emails/

There was no voiding of his contract.  They tried, Gruden threatened to sue, and the two sides reached a settlement (which the Raiders wouldn't have done if they felt they had an ironclad case for termination with suitable cause to void the guarantees).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Firing Campbell would be a huge mistake. 

They traded their franchise QB and lost their best WR to FA and lost their franchise RB to injury in what was already viewed as a rebuild season. 

Goff actually surprised me a bit. At WR, Reynolds and St Brown look like a solid pair. Swift and the other Reynolds looks like a good RB duo. Decker and Sewell on the OL are a great pair of bookends. Idk about their interior line enough to comment. 

They've got work on D, but that'll come. They've played well above their overall talent all year long. It was an ugly W/L season, but I believe Campbell has the right idea. 

Yeah I totally agree with this. The Lions have a lot of fight in them, and when Goff is playing well they are a tough out. If Campbell can get them to around .500 next year I expect him to have a third season.

Just now, Dr LBC said:

He was completely hands-off... and then he wasn't.  McKenzie is no longer with the team.  Mayock has never hired a HC, outside of promoting Bisaccia, in his life; Gruden preceded him on the team by 11 months.  There is no head executive on the staff right now with anything close to the kind of experience McKenzie had - or the kind of rapport built up with the Davis family and John Madden (principally through McKenzie being a Ron Wolff disciple).  Mark did what his dad would have done with McKenzie... until the opportunity arose to do his own riff.  Recency shows there isn't reason to trust him to suddenly make the right decision, and he doesn't really have the infrastructure in place to just revert back to the methodology that had been successful for his dad.

Also, he gave Gruden a 10-year/$100M contract (it may have been guaranteed and because of the guarantees 50% held in an escrow account) but it wasn't like he cut a $100M check.  He's also still on the hook for some of that.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-reach-undisclosed-contract-settlement-with-jon-gruden-just-weeks-after-coachs-resignation-over-emails/

There was no voiding of his contract.  They tried, Gruden threatened to sue, and the two sides reached a settlement (which the Raiders wouldn't have done if they felt they had an ironclad case for termination with suitable cause to void the guarantees).

I'm a Raiders fan, I follow the team closely, Mark doesn't make football decisions, he hires guys and then lets them do it. Reggie McKenzie had never hired a head coach in his life either but was given full control. Al Davis would've never hired a GM and given him total control over the roster, he was extremely hands on. And the main reason Gruden was brought back was because we were moving and he needed a splash hire to get the fanbase excited in a new market.

The Raiders just did over half a billion dollars in season ticket sales. If we want to hire someone, money won't be the issue.

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Caldwell had his interview today in JAX.

Hope he said Baalke has to get stepping right when he stepped in the door.

The BOB rumor is a joke right?  La Canfora isn’t local and he throws a lot of rumors that go nowhere.  But that’s still a wild rumor.