Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

5 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

What's the most attractive head coaching job?

Jacksonville
Miami
Denver
Las Vegas
Minnesota
Chicago
NYG

Las Vegas, easily. We already have a good veteran QB in place and we're the only team with a vacancy that's currently in the playoffs. Our team has overcome as much adversity as any team in recent NFL history and still found a way to rally and get in. We also have a franchise LT, an emerging slot WR, one of the best TE's in the NFL and young talent scattered across our defense. 

People will say Denver or Miami because they're only a QB away but finding a good QB is the most difficult thing to do in professional sports. Denver and Miami haven't had stability at QB in how many years? 

Jacksonville, Chicago, and New York are all teams that need a complete rebuild. 

The Raiders just need to retool the roster by improving up front and getting better at WR. Not to mention we have a brand new stadium, state of the art facilities, and no state tax in Nevada. We also have all of our draft capital and we're currently projected to have $55M in cap space with the ability to add more if we cut a few guys.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Tier 1: Raiders, Giants, Vikings, Jaguars(would drop to tier 3 if not for Lawrence)

Tier 2: Broncos(brutal division but freedom to find your guy at QB)

Tier 3: Bears(no FRP, attached to a QB) Dolphins(ownership)

The Giants need to essentially rebuild their entire OL and find a QB. Saquan looks like a shell of his former self and outside of that they have Toney, Golladay, and not much else.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Giants need to essentially rebuild their entire OL and find a QB. Saquan looks like a shell of his former self and outside of that they have Toney, Golladay, and not much else.

Next coach should get the time to do that, will be paired with a new GM for a quality ownership group. It's a great job to have. They have two top 7 picks as well can move around the draft, trade for Watson, Rodgers, Wilson, etc...

Helluva job opening. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Las Vegas, easily. We already have a good veteran QB in place and we're the only team with a vacancy that's currently in the playoffs. Our team has overcome as much adversity as any team in recent NFL history and still found a way to rally and get in. We also have a franchise LT, an emerging slot WR, one of the best TE's in the NFL and young talent scattered across our defense. 

People will say Denver or Miami because they're only a QB away but finding a good QB is the most difficult thing to do in professional sports. Denver and Miami haven't had stability at QB in how many years? 

Jacksonville, Chicago, and New York are all teams that need a complete rebuild. 

The Raiders just need to retool the roster by improving up front and getting better at WR. Not to mention we have a brand new stadium, state of the art facilities, and no state tax in Nevada.

I won't disagree with you about Raiders being the top spot as I believe they are too but not because of the QB.   I think Tua is young enough and has shown some signs of being good.  I know he has his flaws too but I feel he could be as good of a QB as Derek Carr.    Denver yea they need a QB and its going to be hard to do I think unless they trade for someone like Russell Wilson etc..

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Next coach should get the time to do that, will be paired with a new GM for a quality ownership group. It's a great job to have. They have two top 7 picks as well can move around the draft, trade for Watson, Rodgers, Wilson, etc...

Helluva job opening. 

Their offensive line is a mess and if Saquan is really done as a premier player, what talent do they have on the offensive side of the ball? Golladay who had 0 TD this year and Toney who had 1 good game. They're not going to acquire any of the big fish QB's this off-season without giving up a ton of draft capital, potentially both of those top 7 picks. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Their offensive line is a mess and if Saquan is really done as a premier player, what talent do they have on the offensive side of the ball? Golladay who had 0 TD this year and Toney who had 1 good game. They're not going to acquire any of the big fish QB's this off-season without giving up a ton of draft capital, potentially both of those top 7 picks. 

This isn't about one year, the long term potential is there. This team was poorly coached on the offensive side of the ball. 

Just now, sryan66611 said:

I won't disagree with you about Raiders being the top spot as I believe they are too but not because of the QB.   I think Tua is young enough and has shown some signs of being good.  I know he has his flaws too but I feel he could be as good of a QB as Derek Carr.    Denver yea they need a QB and its going to be hard to do I think unless they trade for someone like Russell Wilson etc..

With Tua you're making a projection though and he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Not to mention their ownership group doesn't even believe in Tua as their guy going forward. Miami has a lot of talent though and is definitely one of the better jobs, Denver is a good opening as well.

I'd probably rank them:

• Las Vegas

• Miami

• Denver

• Minnesota 

• Jacksonville

• Chicago 

• New York

• Like 1

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

This isn't about one year, the long term potential is there. This team was poorly coached on the offensive side of the ball. 

What long term potential? Their OL is one of the worst in the league, Barkley doesn't look like a premier player anymore, and other than that they have Golladay and Toney. Having the two high picks is nice for sure but they need a new QB, to completely rebuild their OL, and all of their skill position players are shaky. They haven't even been .500 at any point of any season since 2016.

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

From everything I’ve read and seen Giants are locked in at LT with Andrew Thomas, complete 180 from his rookie year. Will Hernandez never grew to what he was supposed to be or looked to be his rookie year but there’s worse out there. Nick Gates at C or the other OG spot is a solid player. 3/5 of the OL is there. Score board scouting the Giants WR doesn’t much deter me from the talent that’s actually there at WR. Terrible offensive system, play calling, prep, game plan, you name it. Not saying the individual players are faultless but I’m not putting that square on them. I still believe in Saquon as well. The QB situation is a big ask but also allows some grace period, that in combination with the fact, as you stated above, they haven’t been successful in years should allow time to build a team there. Their defense has a good amount of pieces to build something respectable with as well. 

Edited by Fureys49ers
  • Like 1

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

From everything I’ve read and seen Giants are locked in at LT with Andrew Thomas, complete 180 from his rookie year. Will Hernandez never grew to what he was supposed to be or looked to be his rookie year but there’s worse out there. Nick Gates at C or the other OG spot is a solid player. 3/5 of the OL is there. Score board scouting the Giants WR doesn’t much deter me from the talent that’s actually there at WR. Terrible offensive system, play calling, prep, game plan, you name it. Not saying the individual players are faultless but I’m not putting that square on them. I still believe in Saquon as well.  

The Giants gave up a ton of sacks and were one of the worst running teams in the NFL this season. Not sure that's an indicator of strong OL play. I actually watched a bunch of Giants games because of Kadarius Toney, he can be a very dynamic player but he's injury prone and was extremely inconsistent. Kenny Golladay was bad this year and probably the biggest bust in free agency. Saquan could bounce back but he wasn't very good this season and didn't look explosive at all. 

With the Giants it comes down to almost purely projection. Projecting that Golladay/Barkley regain form that we haven't seen in almost 3 years, Toney actually pans out, their offensive line improves, and they find a good quarterback.

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That good, veteran QB is going to cost about 35 million real soon and it's very hard to win consistently with those type of QBs on second (and in Carr's case, third) contracts. That's pretty much been a standard. Being in the playoffs now also comes with heightened expectations in the immediate future. Going 7-10 in your first two years could result in getting canned right away. Not always the best of things. 

I like some of  the roster quite a bit, but I'd rather go big or go home at the QB position. I don't know where that sits with the Raiders at the current point in time. I do like quite of bit of extra stuff with the Raiders, as @Shanedorf put in the other thread in the comparison forum. 

Give me Jax and Chicago first. Lawrence and Fields could be "carry your team" type QBs. They probably won't be (odds are just against them) but at least that possibility exists. I may be exiting those jobs pretty damn quick but I'm just going to shoot my shot. 

After that Denver / Miami / Las Vegas are similar buckets. Raiders are an easier commute for me though, so they may get priority :P

I want nothing to do with the Giants. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Giants gave up a ton of sacks and were one of the worst running teams in the NFL this season. Not sure that's an indicator of strong OL play. I actually watched a bunch of Giants games because of Kadarius Toney, he can be a very dynamic player but he's injury prone and was extremely inconsistent. Kenny Golladay was bad this year and probably the biggest bust in free agency. Saquan could bounce back but he wasn't very good this season and didn't look explosive at all. 

With the Giants it comes down to almost purely projection. Projecting that Golladay/Barkley regain form that we haven't seen in almost 3 years, Toney actually pans out, their offensive line improves, and they find a good quarterback.

Projection is a part of all these teams, even “good” landing spots. There’s a reason their looking for HCs and some GMs.

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What long term potential? Their OL is one of the worst in the league, Barkley doesn't look like a premier player anymore, and other than that they have Golladay and Toney. Having the two high picks is nice for sure but they need a new QB, to completely rebuild their OL, and all of their skill position players are shaky. They haven't even been .500 at any point of any season since 2016.

Teams rebuild in two years with less at the helm. Just have to get the right guys in there. 

6 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Projection is a part of all these teams, even “good” landing spots. There’s a reason their looking for HCs and some GMs.

But some of these teams already have key foundational pieces in place. Who on the Giants roster is a foundational piece to build around?