Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What's the best job opening? They all look less than desirable for a few reasons. If the Raiders job becomes available it's probably #1. 

Denver. 

They need a QB and are likely attractive to top tier QBs. 

The AFCW is also probably the easiest to make strides in, too. The Raiders have a ways to go on both sides of the ball, KC will soon be feeling the cap squeeze, and the Chargers have questionable coaching. It's KC's division, but that window may not be as wide open as one would assume. 

When your 4th place team goes 7-10 with 4 losses being by less than a TD despite one of the league's bleakest QB situations and jettisoning a star defensive cornerstone, you've got a lot to look forward to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The AFCW is also probably the easiest to make strides in, too. The Raiders have a ways to go on both sides of the ball, KC will soon be feeling the cap squeeze, and the Chargers have questionable coaching. It's KC's division, but that window may not be as wide open as one would assume. 

When your 4th place team goes 7-10 with 4 losses being by less than a TD despite one of the league's bleakest QB situations and jettisoning a star defensive cornerstone, you've got a lot to look forward to.

It doesn't look like Russell Wilson is going anywhere and I think Rodgers either stays in Green Bay or retires after this season. So what top tier QB are they going to acquire? Maybe Watson but that seems unlikely. 

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lawrence and Fields are on different ends of the spectrum in my opinion. Lawrence would have been every new coaches #1 pick if they had the choice, Fields isn't anywhere near him in that regard and might have to play a specific style to succeed(we dont know yet but his first year was underwhelming with absolutely zero growth over the course of the season)

Cousins is gone in a year and a proven vet, Denver has a blank slate you can grab your guy or wait but you are not handcuffed. Carr, like Cousins, a vet. 

Miami has Tua but he's polished as a passer, there is not a lot of work he needs to do other than just play well consistently.

Really think you’re underrating Fields here. 

Think most offensive minds like Pederson, Caldwell, Byron, Moore, Hackett, etc. would be all about it. He has a ton of talent, just needs to be refined in some areas. Most of these coaches have massive egos and think if they get their hands on a guy they can bring out the best in them.

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Denver. 

The AFC West with two top 7 QBs is not remotely the easiest place to go to, also Fangio is a big part of the Denver D being strong. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Denver. 

Yeah, I definitely think this is the answer if it can solve the QB dilemma.

If I was offered the job, and they had told me they have a deal in place to get Rodgers or Wilson, you definitely have to think it'd be a top choice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It doesn't look like Russell Wilson is going anywhere and I think Rodgers either stays in Green Bay or retires after this season. So what top tier QB are they going to acquire? Maybe Watson but that seems unlikely. 

Depends on what the QBs do. 

Granted, Denver isn't even exactly in the spot where they're pressed for a QB. Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater just took them 7-10, and a few points from 11-6. 

That's why it's an attractive job. Even competent QB play (Cousins?) makes them dangerous. 

42 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

The AFC West with two top 7 QBs is not remotely the easiest place to go to, also Fangio is a big part of the Denver D being strong. 

KC is going to be in cap hell soon and Reid doesn't have forever. 

Carr and the Raiders are still mostly a mess. 

LA is going to sink or swim with Staley, and it's honestly probably the former.

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

KC is going to be in cap hell soon and Reid doesn't have forever. 

Carr and the Raiders are still mostly a mess. 

LA is going to sink or swim with Staley, and it's honestly probably the former.

$29M in space next year $92M the year after. Wish it happens but it won't 

L.A will have a top 5 QB for 15 years, coaches can come and go and coaching against him is a nightmare. 

Denver is not that attractive of a job, especially with a horrific QB situation. You are also ignoring a huge part of the fact their D is so good this year is the guy they just fired. PPG before he got there 22th, 13th. Dunno why you are pretending that getting a QB to compete with Mahomes/Herbert is easy either. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I like Leftwich as the Jaguars next head coach. Thoughts @KhanYouDigIt @Uncle Buck 

He might be great, but the problem is that it's hard to know what to think about him because he is fairly inexperienced.  I know he has working with Tom Brady, but that's a lot different than developing a young QB like Trevor Lawrence. 

After the Urban Meyer disaster, I'm really hoping for a very stable coaching situation.  One of the more experienced coaches like Jim Caldwell or Doug Pederson would be ideal, in my opinion.   

• Like 1

Maybe it’s me being scarred from dealing with Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and Deshaun Watson within the division the past 15+ years, but I’m avoiding going to a division with two top 5 QBs.

That’s why I’d be lower on the Broncos and the Raiders job to a degree (having Carr helps), than most if I was a coach choosing.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 2