Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With Tua you're making a projection though and he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Not to mention their ownership group doesn't even believe in Tua as their guy going forward.

I think that's actually not the case.  It seems as if it was Flores who didn't want Tua, and pushed for Herbert to be their draft pick instead.  Firing an overachieving coach who didn't like your QB pretty much screams that the ownership/management is set to keep him.

16 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Bills are pretty close, Titans have a pretty new team outside of a few pieces. Niners were in the SB two years ago with a team torn down and built up in two years. The two year time frame was a bit extreme but it’s not far off if you look in depth into these teams. 

To answer your question on building blocks for the Giants, Andrew Thomas at LT if he continues his growth, like I said earlier I still believe in Saquon, I think Toney can be a very good offensive weapon when used correctly, that DL is ready to go with Lawrence, Williams, Ojulari. Bradberry can still play at a high level and McKinney played well and is still developing at safety. There’s also some role players on that team who can hold down the fort at their current positions, not foundational pieces per sey but pieces you can win with with better coaching. 

The offensive talent outside of Andrew Thomas and a few weapons is severely lacking. But on defense, we've got plenty of pieces. Leonard Williams, Xavier Mckinney, Azeez Ojulari, Dexter Lawrence are all young building blocks. Blake Martinez, Logan Ryan, Adoree Jackson, James Bradberry are solid, solid starters. 

The Giants can be competitive very quickly if they nail HC, OC, and QB. That is much easier said than done, however.

Just now, minutemancl said:

The offensive talent outside of Andrew Thomas and a few weapons is severely lacking. But on defense, we've got plenty of pieces. Leonard Williams, Xavier Mckinney, Azeez Ojulari, Dexter Lawrence are all young building blocks. Blake Martinez, Logan Ryan, Adoree Jackson, James Bradberry are solid, solid starters. 

The Giants can be competitive very quickly if they nail HC, OC, and QB. That is much easier said than done, however.

Agreed. If a team is set up that well on defense though, and I’m an offensive minded HC candidate with assurance that anything and everything will be done to address the QB spot I’m intrigued. Especially with the likelihood that I’ll have a longer leash than most being Giants have been horrendous for 5 years now and me and the new GM are coming in together with our 3, 5 year plan. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Bills are pretty close, Titans have a pretty new team outside of a few pieces. Niners were in the SB two years ago with a team torn down and built up in two years. The two year time frame was a bit extreme but it’s not far off if you look in depth into these teams. 

To answer your question on building blocks for the Giants, Andrew Thomas at LT if he continues his growth, like I said earlier I still believe in Saquon, I think Toney can be a very good offensive weapon when used correctly, that DL is ready to go with Lawrence, Williams, Ojulari. Bradberry can still play at a high level and McKinney played well and is still developing at safety. There’s also some role players on that team who can hold down the fort at their current positions, not foundational pieces per sey but pieces you can win with with better coaching. 

should be noted that the titans' rebuild actually began pre-vrabel and tracks more accurately if you look at jon robinson's tenure as a whole- the roster was in an absolutely horrific state, totally devoid of talent, in 2015. then robinson was hired early 2016 and the rebuild started from there. so not a super short-term turnaround by any means.

41 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

should be noted that the titans' rebuild actually began pre-vrabel and tracks more accurately if you look at jon robinson's tenure as a whole- the roster was in an absolutely horrific state, totally devoid of talent, in 2015. then robinson was hired early 2016 and the rebuild started from there. so not a super short-term turnaround by any means.

Valid, I was more thinking along the lines of when Henry became what he is today and when they landed Tannehill. I think that was something like 2 and a half years ago correct? I’m sure they had some pieces in place like Lewan and Byard but I can’t think of many others who are still making an impact for them currently that weren’t added recently. Again I could be wrong, this is from what my memory serves. 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

Keep in mind though, the Titans didn't just arrive.  We've been in the playoffs three straight seasons, with a run to the AFCCG in 2019, so the turnaround is similar.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find any team in the NFL that shouldn't be able to turn it around in 2 seasons.

31 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Valid, I was more thinking along the lines of when Henry became what he is today and when they landed Tannehill. I think that was something like 2 and a half years ago correct? I’m sure they had some pieces in place like Lewan and Byard but I can’t think of many others who are still making an impact for them currently that weren’t added recently. Again I could be wrong, this is from what my memory serves. 

See above, but I'll go through the big Titans names for you, and you'll see most have not been around that long.

Derrick Henry--drafted in 2016
AJ Brown--drafted in 2019
Ryan Tannehill--traded for in 2019
Julio Jones--traded for in 2021
Taylor Lewan--drafted in 2015
Jeffery Simmons--drafted in 2019
Kevin Byard--drafted in 2016
Harold Landry--drafted in 2018
David Long--drafted in 2019
Denico Autry--signed in 2021
Kristian Fulton--drafted in 2020