Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s gonna be McDaniels for Houston. I’d bet everything I own that’s worthless.

I'm not one to say no, but... Given how this move was made three days after black Monday, and a person who has very deep ties with Nick Caserio and Jack Easterby suddenly and unexpectedly got fired... I'm almost certain it's Brian Flores.

If the goal was McDaniels, why wait until now to fire Culley? Why not do it on Monday?

• Like 2

I'll add this - simply because the Texans are the most unpredictable team in the NFL - Nick Caserio emerging as a HC option could be a development.

This franchise has done crazier things. Caserio has more coaching experience than BoB and Easterby combined when they became co-GMs.

It's this sort of craziness that makes me drink, and my drinkin' elbow is tingling...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm not one to say no, but... Given how this move was made three days after black Monday, and a person who has very deep ties with Nick Caserio and Jack Easterby suddenly and unexpectedly got fired... I'm almost certain it's Brian Flores.

If the goal was McDaniels, why wait until now to fire Culley? Why not do it on Monday?

Optics? 

They’re blaming it on him not firing his OC, they went through a “thorough” process and felt they needed to move on.

Idk honestly. I wouldn’t be surprised by Flores either.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Optics? 

Since when has this franchise cared about optics? Optics have been ruined for the Texans since Bill O'Brien and Jack Easterby tried to tamper with New England to bring in Nick Caserio...

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They’re blaming it on him not firing his OC, they went through a “thorough” process and felt they needed to move on.

I don't think Culley would really push back if firing Tim Kelly was an issue - Kelly was a holdover from the Bill O'Brien era, THIS momentum didn't really start until Pep Hamilton started getting OC calls.

I mean, I could see this taking an end around, but... it's almost too transparent that it's Flores.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Since when has this franchise cared about optics? Optics have been ruined for the Texans since Bill O'Brien and Jack Easterby tried to tamper with New England to bring in Nick Caserio...

I don't think Culley would really push back if firing Tim Kelly was an issue - Kelly was a holdover from the Bill O'Brien era, THIS momentum didn't really start until Pep Hamilton started getting OC calls.

I mean, I could see this taking an end around, but... it's almost too transparent that it's Flores.

I'm with you, like I said I'm not sure but the Caserio/McDaniels duo has often been reported and with the Texans fixation on becoming Patriots South it just makes sense but so does Flores, to an extent. But he wants Watson, who Caserio is trading. So again I dont know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'll add this - simply because the Texans are the most unpredictable team in the NFL - Nick Caserio emerging as a HC option could be a development.

This franchise has done crazier things. Caserio has more coaching experience than BoB and Easterby combined when they became co-GMs.

It's this sort of craziness that makes me drink, and my drinkin' elbow is tingling...

why would Flores want to coach the Texans, tho?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

why would Flores want to coach the Texans, tho?

Traditionally, the Texans have a VERY long leash - Culley is the outlier, but Dom Capers got four years, Gary Kubiak got eight years and Bill O'Brien got seven years. It wasn't like those years were all sunshine and rainbows, Kubiak took five years to finally get a playoff berth and O'Brien rode a few 9-7/1st round exits (all while getting a promotion to personnel). The McNair family is really patient/stupid like that.

Flores could take advantage of that along with two guys who think highly of him back when he was getting started ...or, he could risk another termination with a GM who doesn't know him that well and no real inside guy with management.

The NFL is rife with nepotism/cronyism. There aren't that many franchises that cater to those from the Belicheck tree, given how many of them flamed out. Houston is one of the last Belicheck-friendly franchises out there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Better question is, why would McDaniels? 

His name has yet to be mentioned while two other guys have been name dropped from that NE tree by reputable sources. So I’m going to assume he’s not.

I think the whole “coach in waiting” thing is BS but it sure seems like that’s in play w/ McDaniels/NE.

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm sorry E, I would love that for the craziness and drama. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm sorry E, I would love that for the craziness and drama. 

Not gonna lie, I'd probably love it for the exact same reasons. I've had more fun trashing the Texans this past season than I ever had in the 20-some odd years Stanning for the Texans.

I love playing the heel role, I guess...

• Like 1