Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Also that is why Harbaugh taking that job doesn’t make sense. Getting into the same situation he was in with the 49ers

Ross, the owner, was a Harbaugh fan way before Grier became GM.  Harbaugh would have a direct line to Ross's ear and would be able to do whatever the hell he wanted if he came to Miami.  McDaniels almost surely wouldn't have that same level of control.  

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What happened with Eric Bienemy? Did teams just forget he exists or what?

Teams don't like him it seems like. At this point, he's had interviews with a quarter of the league the past couple of years and they have passed on him (I think he's interviewed for 8 jobs?) 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Teams don't like him it seems like. At this point, he's had interviews with a quarter of the league the past couple of years and they have passed on him (I think he's interviewed for 8 jobs?) 

Has he considered leaving KC and coming to work for Sean McVay? That should get him a HC job. 😉

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What happened with Eric Bienemy? Did teams just forget he exists or what?

It would be hard to bring him to jax.  I know his off the field stuff is years ago, but after all of Urban's BS, next HC in Jax is going to have to be squeaky clean 

14 minutes ago, Xenos said:

People are probably tired of Andy Reid disciples.

1) He doesn’t call plays

2) Sexual assault/harassment allegations is the one thing NFL teams won’t touch

3) Rumors he interviews terribly

Tired of the media circus acting like this is a race issue. He shouldn’t be a HC. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

1) He doesn’t call plays

2) Sexual assault/harassment allegations is the one thing NFL teams won’t touch

3) Rumors he interviews terribly

He also was involved in a recruiting scandal at CU when he was running backs coach and the one time he was in charge of something, it went horrifically bad. He was OC at CU and they were legitimately one of the worst offenses in college football both years of his tenure. That's really bad when you're talking about 120 teams. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

He also was involved in a recruiting scandal at CU when he was running backs coach and the one time he was in charge of something, it went horrifically bad. He was OC at CU and they were legitimately one of the worst offenses in college football both years of his tenure. That's really bad when you're talking about 120 teams. 

Support my campaign for Gif-maker overlord. — stream: What would you say you  do here? Office...

So what exactly does he do? lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

My outlook when I talk of trees is more of a point of who is responsible for getting you the HC job. It's hard to say with LaFleur. But then again, a guy doesn't have to be only under one tree. McVay is clearly under both the Shanahan and Gruden trees.

My understanding or belief of coaching trees is more along the lines of who influenced who as a coach, who taught them their “style” if you will. Not, who was the HC for them before they got their shot at being a HC, which I’m sure to some degree has some affect on how a coach develops into a HC but not as much a teaching/coaching fundamentals and styles. If that’s your definition or understanding of a coaching tree than sure, they do fall under the McVay tree.

• Like 1