Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Don't know if this guy is legit or not

I think he's your guy. 

If McD can get something from Jimmy, he can certainly get something from Tua. 

And his run game designs are fun. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Don't know if this guy is legit or not

Not too sure how I'd feel being a Dolphins fan and having to go from Flores to Mike McDaniel (he might be good, but still). 
At least with Harbaugh I'd understand the move

Edited by MagicMT

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Poles would have been around Bienemy for Bienemy's entire tenure in KC I think.  Why didn't he give him an interview with Chicago? 

So from what I gathered the Bears had done their initial interviews and then gave Poles a list to choose from. Eberflus, possibly through the Ballard connection, was his choice.

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

So from what I gathered the Bears had done their initial interviews and then gave Poles a list to choose from. Eberflus, possibly through the Ballard connection, was his choice.

EB needs to be an OC on a different team and calls plays. If he can be successful at it, I think he’ll have a better shot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

EB needs to be an OC on a different team and calls plays. If he can be successful at it, I think he’ll have a better shot.

This 100%.  And what we've not heard about (he may have received offers, he may not have, but if he's turned down opportunities to interview - that would be suspect as hell to me if I were looking to fill a vacancy) is whether he's pursued any sort of promotional hire where he would be given the opportunity to call plays or whether he's just trying to sit back on his Andy/Mahomes laurels to get him a HC gig, thinking that should be sufficient.  How much is he willing to show ambition may be a legitimate question?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I doubt it, he’d still interview poorly and have his past be an issue. Calling plays can’t be the issue with Taylor, Sirianni, Hackett all got jobs without calling plays. I think the ship for him has sailed as people have made their mind up about him. Nagy and Peterson preceding him, even though they both went to the playoffs and one winning the Super Bowl, doesn’t help.

Edited by KingOfNewYork
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

This 100%.  And what we've not heard about (he may have received offers, he may not have, but if he's turned down opportunities to interview - that would be suspect as hell to me if I were looking to fill a vacancy) is whether he's pursued any sort of promotional hire where he would be given the opportunity to call plays or whether he's just trying to sit back on his Andy/Mahomes laurels to get him a HC gig, thinking that should be sufficient.  How much is he willing to show ambition may be a legitimate question?

A head coaches job isn’t to call plays. The Jets hired Saleh not for his play calling ability but his plan for leading the team, building a culture, etc…

You are hiring a head coach not a head coordinator. The jobs require different things. With that being said maybe he doesn’t have the qualities ownership may be looking for, who really knows at this point. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No, the Bears hired Poles and Poles was given full autonomy on the HC hire as he required to accept the job, and he hired Eberflus.  When asked specifically if he would have interviewed anyone else if given the chance he answered, "I had the opportunity, I chose this guy"

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No, the Bears hired Poles and Poles was given full autonomy on the HC hire as he required to accept the job, and he hired Eberflus.  When asked specifically if he would have interviewed anyone else if given the chance he answered, "I had the opportunity, I chose this guy"

No, There had already been initial groundwork done, thinking this wasn’t going to be a collaborative decision isn’t naive. 

What he said in his press conference is irrelevant because people often omit certain things and the vote of confidence to Eberflus there is more vital than confirming or denying anything else to a candidate who is irrelevant to the organization.