Chris Godwin done for the year with a torn ACL

Apparition

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It was a legal hit. You can't tell people they can't hit players high and then fine them when they go low.

8 hours ago, Dome said:

I mean it would be kind of BS to penalize or fine a player for a legal hit, no?

Yes, it was a legal hit, as in not against the rules, but it was still either stupidly dangerous or intentionally dirty.

And I do wish people would stop acting like going for someone’s knees is the only alternative to going for their neck. There’s a whole body between the two.

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Yes, it was a legal hit, as in not against the rules, but it was still either stupidly dangerous or intentionally dirty.

And I do wish people would stop acting like going for someone’s knees is the only alternative to going for their neck. There’s a whole body between the two.

It was neither. When you lower the strike zone, these things happen. It's simply part of the game.

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Dangerous, sure. Not really stupid though. He made the stop without risking an extended drive due to penalty. It's called a submarine tackle and hits like that happen to RBs, TEs and jumbo WRs every single week.

Regardless, I don't see how a fine or penalty should be a factor? That seems unreasonable considering you're admitting it was within the rules.

I don't believe I've seen anyone suggest that.

Which people are you referring to here?

Edited by Dome

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I mean if WRs, RBs, and TEs all ran perfectly upright I could see your point but when you can't hit them in the head and the vast majority of the time they lower there own body and helmet when getting tackled I don't know what you expect a defender to do? If they started fining offensive players for lowering there head I could maybe see the point but I still think we need less refs and not more. 

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It was neither. When you lower the strike zone, these things happen. It's simply part of the game.

I'm honestly wondering if we're watching the same play. The guy dived into Godwin's knee, from the front.  That's always been a dirty and/or dangerous hit in every sport. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Unfortunately for the rest of the league, TB has 20 other guys for Brady to get the ball to.

Ehhh not really, getting AB back is huge, but Fournette and Evans might be out for a couple of weeks maybe.

I really dont like our chances with Perriman being our #2 for the next couple of weeks.

6 hours ago, Dome said:

I don't believe I've seen anyone suggest that.

Which people are you referring to here?

The imaginary people he argues with in his head.

Considering your avatar, you should be well versed in the idea of imaginary people. 

If you need further clarification, perhaps @Matts4313 can be of assistance 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Unfortunately for the rest of the league, TB has 20 other guys for Brady to get the ball to.

The question I have and I don't actually know the answer to this question this question is has Brady raised raised this concern about any other wider fever in the league or is it just his favorite wide receiver on his team?

There is a lot of bodily real estate Too hit but the issue I see is that at what point does what point does making hits illegal stop?  What I mean is this what is next are you going to outlaw hitting people in the ribs because you're getting too many bruised or broken ribs? I am all for player safety but at some point you just have got to let people play football