LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

why would we cut noteboom? he is way to important for this offense. our 6th ol guy, who can play both tackle spots and guard.
just so we can save up 5 million? thats the same amount we could free up if we cut brian allen.

On 1/17/2024 at 6:52 PM, El Ramster said:

talking about adding pieces. Let’s go.. Kyren did break his hand so dammm we were really injured that game. 

Heres to Kupp get healthy as well. Guy was running on one leg the whole year. 

Yeah thats what I was saying like even if the Rams "survive" that game how would they look like this weekend heading to Tampa Bay? Now I wanted the Rams to win but get healthy add significant pieces continue to add depth and continue to get better and be ready to make a real run these next two seasons. 

3 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

why would we cut noteboom? he is way to important for this offense. our 6th ol guy, who can play both tackle spots and guard.
just so we can save up 5 million? thats the same amount we could free up if we cut brian allen.

I think 15 mil, no? Either way it’s not like we are in salary cap hell anymore. Not sure why he’d get cut 

5 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

This is kind of where I'm at.  This is  pretty top-deep IOL and specifically center class, and I think one of the more glaring issues we had last season that Kyren's ingenuity managed to paper over was that while, yes, we emphasized more size on the OL, we were still lacking in that department specifically at center.  If (and just being honest, probably more when) multiple runs on OT's dry up the pool earlier than we expected - as this almost always has historically been the case with classes that are perceived to be deep in the Top 100 with OT's - I'm not opposed in the slightest to continuing to scattershot on Day 3 guys with pedigree and technique, but just lack "perennial Pro Bowler" athleticism as far as OT's go (since the more pressing successor we'll eventually need is for Havenstein) and instead pivoting and locking down a center-for-years-to-come on Day 2, be that a Van Pran, JPJ, Barton (though I figure he's going in the Top 40), Frazier, or even Bartolini.  You might even be able to lump Beebe, Fautanu, and Laydon Robinson in there if the test to having translatable skillsets to play center.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:47 AM, Rrrrrrrams said:

People absolutely don't like Noteboom so they're convincing themselves cutting our swing tackle who also started at both guard spots in his time with the Rams is a good idea. I get it the contract in hind sight was bad but he's actually a valuable piece on the line. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

People absolutely don't like Noteboom so they're convincing themselves cutting our swing tackle who also started at both guard spots in his time with the Rams is a good idea. I get it the contract in hind sight was bad but he's actually a valuable piece on the line. 

Agreed. Who knows, maybe Noteboom can take over RT when Havenstein is finally cooked, or at least be a place holder for a permanent replacement. 

Id like a new center, someone with a little more size and a mean streak. We play against some tough D lines in our division (especially SF) a little more bulk would be helpful. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Agreed. Who knows, maybe Noteboom can take over RT when Havenstein is finally cooked, or at least be a place holder for a permanent replacement. 

Id like a new center, someone with a little more size and a mean streak. We play against some tough D lines in our division (especially SF) a little more bulk would be helpful. 

I feel like every game Noteboom played the last 2 years he has gotten hurt in. He's fine depth considering we hardly save money but there's no scenario where we can count on him for more than 1 game max. It's unfortunate but he just cannot stay healthy.

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I feel like every game Noteboom played the last 2 years he has gotten hurt in. He's fine depth considering we hardly save money but there's no scenario where we can count on him for more than 1 game max. It's unfortunate but he just cannot stay healthy.

Exaggeration that he gets hurt every time he plays. I get it and I'm not saying he's a pillar of health but that's a huge exaggeration 

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Exaggeration that he gets hurt every time he plays. I get it and I'm not saying he's a pillar of health but that's a huge exaggeration 

He's literally the exact opposite of the pillar of health. If his contract isn't guaranteed to what it is, he'd be cut. He's a below average starter that cannot be relied on to play consecutive games. I don't think it was an exaggeration this year after he lost his spot to Dotson. Every game he appeared in, the next game he was limited in practice for a different injury. 

50 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Noteboom reminds me so much of young Saffold. Yall remember him? Guy was made out of glass. Legit a fart would have that guy in IR. 

Met him once… He was entering the stadium and stopped to take a picture for me… why is this relevant? Because he was in a cast and not playing that day 😂

• Like 2

I agree with the idea of attacking Center early if the right one is staring at us at #19.

As far as positions I want to see addressed via FA/Draft:

Center

Safety

TE

EDGE

A few FA tight ends that I think would be nice to pair with Davis Allen early in the season: Hunter Henry, Mike Gesicki, Geoff Swaim, Austin Hooper. Should come relatively cheap and could be good reclamation projects a la Demarcus Robinson.

Budda Baker would be a nice big FA spend.

Chase Young could get the 1 year prove it treatment we saw with Dante Fowler that worked out well for him getting a payday. 

Brian Burns/Josh Allen likely get tagged and require us to trade high draft capital. 

• Like 1