The Cleveland Browns MUST BENCH Baker Mayfield IMMEDIATELY

biggie.

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Every player is injured at this point in the year 

No doubt, and his poor play goes way beyond the shoulder injury.. But as someone else pointed out, it's different for quarterbacks, and especially different for quarterbacks with an injury that significantly throws off their throwing mechanics. He's been an accurate thrower of the football for just about his whole life.. are we to assume he just magically lost that ability this year and the injury has nothing to do with it?

• Like 3

Baker has never been THAT good of a QB; the Browns turnaround has been mainly due to improvements to the roster.

Mayfield has mostly been a liability to them, even in his "good" years. Don't really care about PFF or the occassional good game; I think long term and rely on the eye test. Overall Baker has been a mediocre game manager with a low ceiling and a hideously bad floor.

Browns with Baker are golfing in January. Browns with an ELITE quarterback like Deshaun Watson are playing for the Super Bowl in January.

Edited by biggie.

This thread is hyperbole

Baker is not a top 10 QB, he's probably not even top 20

Not only can you not give him a big contract, but you must start planning how to replace him after this season or after next

That's all bad news, but he's not the worst starter in the league - and I don't think we (and especially Browns fans) need ANOTHER full thread about this

• Like 1

Just now, Tk3 said:

This thread is hyperbole

Baker is not a top 10 QB, he's probably not even top 20

Not only can you not give him a big contract, but you must start planning how to replace him after this season or after next

That's all bad news, but he's not the worst starter in the league - and I don't think we (and especially Browns fans) need ANOTHER full thread about this

He is the worst imo because he is SINGLE HANDEDLY holding them back.

Just now, squire12 said:

might be a decent win/win trade for both teams.  

Indy is a playoff team with Wentz at the moment and Philly is in the hunt for a playoff spot as well.  

Indy has a legitimate chance at the super bowl, and Wentz is good enough to do it. Well worth the 1st rounder to stay in contention

As for the Eagles - the only reason they lose is because by trading Wentz they tied their fates to a bad QB. If they address QB elsewhere and use the draft capital correctly - then getting out of a troubling Wentz situation with assets makes it a win for them too

Very intriguing situation

Just now, candyman93 said:

One pass for Baker: His receivers suck. Browns are going to overhaul WRs and TEs this offseason.

I mostly agree

It's weird because I look with my eyes and I THINK I see WRs messing up all over the place

It's also weird that its otherwise pretty good WRs (Landry, OBJ) who are suddenly bad. It makes me wonder if what I'm seeing is incorrect and its a bigger issue

It's just too much of a coincidence that ALL his receivers suck and not even a nobody is able to step up when given opportunities

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Indy has a legitimate chance at the super bowl, and Wentz is good enough to do it. Well worth the 1st rounder to stay in contention

agreed

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

As for the Eagles - the only reason they lose is because by trading Wentz they tied their fates to a bad QB. If they address QB elsewhere and use the draft capital correctly - then getting out of a troubling Wentz situation with assets makes it a win for them too

If Philly understands what Hurts does well, he has shown he can win games.   just not sure he can develop enough to win enough to make a deep playoff push.   Philly- Wents was not working and the split needed to happen.   With the assets that Philly has, they could very well be players in the QB market, sucks for them the draft is not a great QB one

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Very intriguing situation

for sure

17 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Baker has never been THAT good of a QB; the Browns turnaround has been mainly due to improvements to the roster.

Mayfield has mostly been a liability to them, even in his "good" years. Don't really care about PFF or the occassional good game; I think long term and rely on the eye test. Overall Baker has been a mediocre game manager with a low ceiling and a hideously bad floor.

Browns with Baker are golfing in January. Browns with an ELITE quarterback like Deshaun Watson are playing for the Super Bowl in January.

Much different argument than "worst starting QB and it's not even close" and "he's always sucked". Those two you have no argument for.. This, you can kinda back up I guess. I'm not huge on PFF, but I trust them more than your eye test lol. Especially since your eye test is clearly biased.

41 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Every player is injured at this point in the year 

But not everyone is injured the same. 

He was throwing a good ball today. 

The problem today wasnt the injury it was the player. 

The problems with the browns offense 

1. We dont have dangerous weapons outside of Chubb. 

2. We have overrated skill players, Njoku, ahooper, Jarvis. 

3. We had 3 starters missing on the offensive line. 

4. Baker is off.

17 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I mostly agree

It's weird because I look with my eyes and I THINK I see WRs messing up all over the place

It's also weird that its otherwise pretty good WRs (Landry, OBJ) who are suddenly bad. It makes me wonder if what I'm seeing is incorrect and its a bigger issue

It's just too much of a coincidence that ALL his receivers suck and not even a nobody is able to step up when given opportunities

Landry isn't really suddenly bad though, he's just not able to separate anymore. Still makes tough catches and love him on the team and he's a solid slot guy, but he can't be your #1 option at this point in his career (or ever IMO). The OBJ thing.. inexplicable and incredibly frustrating, I don't know what to say. Either way, at this point, his WRs are awful as an overall group. They were not good last year after OBJ went down either. None of them can beat man coverage, it's tough. Baker played one of the best games of his career against the Chiefs in the playoffs IMO, but his stats don't even come close to showing that.. and that was all on the receivers.