The Cleveland Browns MUST BENCH Baker Mayfield IMMEDIATELY

biggie.

I'm not sure he's the worst starter in the league, but he has no ability to play at a high level right now. I mean, even if you think Baker has something of a ceiling that he hasn't reached yet, you can't believe he's going to get there this year with the injuries. He's just not there. 

Keenum is actually one of the better backups in the league. 

I certainly wouldn't fault them if they pulled the rug from Baker for now. 

• Like 5

Isn't he dealing with multiple injuries? Most players will play through injury if they can; their HC should realize he's too much of a liability and put in Keenum, who's one of the better backup QB's 

I expect Mayfield to be placed on IR and Keenum to start the next 2 games

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Everyone is playing hurt! He's played poorly even before these "injuries".

QBs are a different story. I think it’s a bit of a reach to say all QBs are playing injured… and not all injuries are equal. Baker has been seriously beat up. There is no way his play would look like it has if he was at least reasonably healthy. 

Also, didn’t he first get hurt in week 2? Pretty certain he was.

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

QBs are a different story. I think it’s a bit of a reach to say all QBs are playing injured… and not all injuries are equal. Baker has been seriously beat up. There is no way his play would look like it has if he was at least reasonably healthy. 

Yeah, it was week 2. Hurt trying to make a tackle against the Texans after pick 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Doesn’t help that 2 of his picks today should have amounted to a defensive penalty. He’s also clearly playing hurt and that obviously has had an impact.

45 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

They don't care. They want blood.

• Like 1

Stop saying "its not even close", because you either don't understand what that means, dont watch many other QBs, or its just poorly used hyperbole.

Baker is not the worst starting QB in the league.   He may not even be the worst starting QB in his own division.    He certainly isnt looking like he is worth a huge QB contract, but lets at least be real about what he is and isnt.

• Like 15