Week 17 : Team without a Name but probably still contagious vs Eagles Rd 2

Nabbs4u

18 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Helmet scouting is gross no matter how you do it. A good player is a good player….period 

This is the correct take. I want to see the list of players who failed that played for other NFCE east teams before the Eagles signed them. Demarco Murray played for Chip Kelly who solely ran out of outside zone out of Shotgun. I'd bet that had more to do with his failings then having played for the Cowboys. Giants Steve Smith was not healthy and part of the "dream team." Hardly any of those signings panned out. Smith from what I remember was never able to get healthy. It had nothing to do with playing for the Giants. Who are some of the other notable signings?

Edited by Folesadelphia
Added word

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

pass-chart_HUR767022_2021-REG-17_1641170

@EaglesPeteC

This is another good week as far as I'm concerned, it's not about the stats, it's about if he's willing to utilize the whole field. Take shots down field while still not turning the ball over.

I’m still waiting for him to utilize the middle of the field for once but I do agree that he’s still trending upward in his progression as a more rounded NFL QB 

10 hours ago, Danger said:

pass-chart_HUR767022_2021-REG-17_1641170

@EaglesPeteC

This is another good week as far as I'm concerned, it's not about the stats, it's about if he's willing to utilize the whole field. Take shots down field while still not turning the ball over.

Pretty impressive compared to his passing chart in the Detroit, NO and ATL off the top of my head. 

Mobile and short QBs are always going to favor the outside throws like Wilson and Murray, at least now we see Hurts not avoiding it completely. 

I'm very pleased with his progression lately. 

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Why is that? Genuine ignorance on my part.

I’d figure easier line of sight but it needs to be addressed anyway.   Progression is fine currently. But it’s only been a few weeks. Usually a QB that doesn’t turn it over is really really good or really really safe. If you’re gonna develop your game, you need to learn yourself and go into those uncomfortable zones. Hurts will stunt his growth until he starts pressing those throws a bit. 

It’s baby steps with Hurts. His accuracy on short to intermediate throws was really good yesterday. That is important. Deep throw accuracy is the next little step to take. Hope he can show improvement on that in the next couple weeks. He is also throwing the ball better on the move than he was earlier in the year which is very important. 

Going into next year it’s all about processing the field. Hurts has been a one read QB which works vs bad teams but is going to get punished down the line. If he can take the big step into actually sitting in the pocket and going through his progressions next year, I will admit I was wrong and say he has a shot at being a franchise guy. It’s going to be a massive challenge though as that is by far the hardest part of playing QB in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It’s baby steps with Hurts. His accuracy on short to intermediate throws was really good yesterday. That is important. Deep throw accuracy is the next little step to take. Hope he can show improvement on that in the next couple weeks. He is also throwing the ball better on the move than he was earlier in the year which is very important. 

Going into next year it’s all about processing the field. Hurts has been a one read QB which works vs bad teams but is going to get punished down the line. If he can take the big step into actually sitting in the pocket and going through his progressions next year, I will admit I was wrong and say he has a shot at being a franchise guy. It’s going to be a massive challenge though as that is by far the hardest part of playing QB in the NFL. 

Really want to see how he looks next year.

He wouldn't be the first so-so QB to take steps to get better the longer they play.
Like you look at Dak, Big Ben, a lot of other guys...they weren't what they became the first couple years in the league.

He's never going to have a bomb of an arm, but if he can dial in his timing and read the field better...he could be plenty goo to win in this league.

Has work ahead of him, but with no better options really available... more than ready to just kick it back with him and Minshew next year at this point.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Really want to see how he looks next year.

He wouldn't be the first so-so QB to take steps to get better the longer they play.
Like you look at Dak, Big Ben, a lot of other guys...they weren't what they became the first couple years in the league.

He's never going to have a bomb of an arm, but if he can dial in his timing and read the field better...he could be plenty goo to win in this league.

Has work ahead of him, but with no better options really available... more than ready to just kick it back with him and Minshew next year at this point.

We've seen flashes where his arm isn't a problem in the slightest as long as he has correct timing and anticipation. The only thing stopping him from being a good QB is his ability to go through his progressions. 

• Like 1