Week 27 Browns at Steelers MNF Steelers Suck (So does Michigan)

Thomas5737

What is your mood?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What is your mood?

2. 2. Who wins?

3. 3. How would you describe a buffalo?

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's a chicken or the egg thing. We don't have the personnel to take the top off, so we have to run short game. We have a quarterback who can't read a defense or do anything against pressure, so we go five wide to get clean looks for him and try to isolate on a 4th LB with our best players (Hooper and Landry, which is an indictment in and of itself).

Baker is hurt so he can't boot accurately.

Baker has such sloppy footwork and rhythm that it doesn't matter anyway.

And I'm not sure what the gameplan was this week. Talk about uninspired on offense.

IMO go get an OC and completely overhaul everything except for the OL and running game...at least a passing game coordinator.

We have to bring someone in to at least push Baker in some capacity, starter in 2022 or not...and we need an exit plan from him and prepare ourselves to make a serious move for a stud prospect or superstar QB, whatever the cost is.

Yeah, more or less.

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'm not giving up on him as the play caller quite yet. He's been bad lately, but he's called some brilliant games in the past. I'll give him time to adjust.

Idk man, he seems to need 175 yards on the ground to call a good game.  I haven’t seen much in the pass game tbh. 

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Anyone asking him to be fired as HC is crazy, though.

100%.

45 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Did anyone pull a scooby doo and check to see that Nagy isn’t wearing a Stefanski mask? Cause man it looks like Stefanski might be Nagy 2.0

We need to give Stefanski a break man. People are incredibly shortsighted with this.

Remember how good this offense was last year when they were hanging 35+ pts up every other week and KS won COTY?

They had a lot to live up to this year and fell short in their encore.

However, this lack of success is much more on Baker than KS. Nearly every bad pass Baker made tonight there was a WR running wide open. He is scheming guys open but Baker either can't hit the WR or makes the wrong read--like on his INT tonight where Njoku was wiiiiide open underneath.

His play call timing could use some work and situational awareness, however the majority of the time the guys are open, Bakers just not hitting them or seeing them.

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

We need to give Stefanski a break man. People are incredibly shortsighted with this.

Remember how good this offense was last year when they were hanging 35+ pts up every other week and KS won COTY?

However, this lack of success is much more on Baker than KS. Nearly every bad pass Baker made tonight there was a WR running wide open. He is scheming guys open but Baker either can't hit the WR or makes the wrong read--like on his INT tonight where Njoku was wiiiiide open underneath.

His play call timing could use some work and situational awareness, however the majority of the time the guys are open, Bakers just not hitting them or seeing them.

We Need More Baker Mayfield GIF by Progressive

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Well I won’t say it was all his fault but the continued use of empty backfield formations despite them almost literally never working is infuriating.

Not giving Hudson help was inexcusable, and it’s not the first time they’ve failed to help a backup lineman who was in over his head.

Chubb had 12 carries against the worst run D in the league.

This is some questionable ish tbh.

And if you’re saying it’s all on Baker and he’s got guys running open everywhere and such, then it’s on KS to bench him and have Keenum run the offense.

I like Stefanski a lot, but his success last season doesn’t mean he gets a free pass from criticism for mistakes made this year. 

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I disagree with giving KS a break.  We played undisciplined football down the stretch.  Last night we leave a rookie one on one vs Watt most of the night??  We didn't use Chubb.  Although they said he had a rib issue.  

We didn't maximize our chances of winning and that dies start with the coaches.  

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

You do know Nagy was COY his rookie year and had a top10 offense (browns were 14th in scoring last year). Now Nagy is a joke of a HC. 

I had more but deleted it cause it was pointless. Last night was a highlight of all of Stef’s issues IMO and prolly the most frustrating game with him. It looked like the same ole browns, felt like we were watching Shurmur, Hue, Freddie all over again

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You do know Nagy was COY his rookie year and had a top10 offense (browns were 14th in scoring last year). Now Nagy is a joke of a HC. 

I had more but deleted it cause it was pointless. Last night was a highlight of all of Stef’s issues IMO and prolly the most frustrating game with him. It looked like the same ole browns, felt like we were watching Shurmur, Hue, Freddie all over again

Offensively as far as schemes and performance, yes, but I think KS is still a much better HC than those guys.  We just need a tweaked offense.

41 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well I won’t say it was all his fault but the continued use of empty backfield formations despite them almost literally never working is infuriating.

Not giving Hudson help was inexcusable, and it’s not the first time they’ve failed to help a backup lineman who was in over his head.

Chubb had 12 carries against the worst run D in the league.

This is some questionable ish tbh.

And if you’re saying it’s all on Baker and he’s got guys running open everywhere and such, then it’s on KS to bench him and have Keenum run the offense.

I like Stefanski a lot, but his success last season doesn’t mean he gets a free pass from criticism for mistakes made this year. 

It’s like last night was a culmination of all his season long coaching issues rolled up into one game 

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Offensively as far as schemes and performance, yes, but I think KS is still a much better HC than those guys.  We just need a tweaked offense.

Oh I agree but last night it felt like we were watching those guys again. That shouldn’t happen. Stef should be smart enough to run the ball or help out a rookie tackle vs the future DPOY or coaches the mental mistakes out of guys but we didn’t see that.

For those of you in the "just run the ball camp", I'll say a few things:

1. Last night's gameplan was bad, however:

2. We have been facing 8 and 9 man boxes ALL YEAR because we haven't had QB play to remove that guy from the box. We have a bunch of single high safety and "I dare you to beat us dropping back" gameplans, and no one has been able to remove that box defender. It's purely a numbers game on film.

3. Baker was the #1 overall pick. If we can't trust him to be an NFL QB and are still treating him with kid glove expectations as to having him throw the ball, maybe it's time we actually looked at that too. I don't understand the Baker apologists who also turn around and bang the "RUN THE BALL WE CANNOT KEEP THROWING" drum.