Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

On the other hand . We have for 3 years . 1 year contract or is it two? and two Franchise tags , maybe 4 years . what's the rush . Just the other side of the coin. not advocating at all .

We can’t trade for anyone. Our only All-Pro of the last 20 years is getting ready to walk for nothing. McLaurin is pretty much the best receiver we’ve drafted since Art Monk and it was purely dumb luck and done by a different front office that Rivera fired. Pay him! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

And as far as Watson goes, if Philly gets involved it’s over. We have nothing to even come remotely close to what they can offer. So yeah, I’d say Watson isn’t happening either. 

We cannot trade for Watson with our current owners situation. 

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We can’t trade for anyone. Our only All-Pro of the last 20 years is getting ready to walk for nothing. McLaurin is pretty much the best receiver we’ve drafted since Art Monk and it was purely dumb luck and done by a different front office that Rivera fired. Pay him! 

Actually I’d argue that Kyle Smith & Jay Gruden knew what they had in Terry right away. It’s why Jay wouldn’t play Terry in the 2019 preseason. Terry was Jay’s secret weapon that season. 

You know for all Jay’s fault as too much of a players coach etc, etc, Scot McCloughan wasn’t wrong when after he was fired bc Brice Allen wanted all the power back, when Scot said, “As long as Jay Gruden is here the team will be fine, he knows what he’s doing.”

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I agree 

I wonder if we could trade for Watson w/ conditions? Like we do the trade but, if Watson is convicted of a crime & has to do jail time, the trade is void. If that’s something can happen, I’d do the trade yesterday!

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If there is no criminal conviction it’s basically a he said she said & he’ll pay the ladies $ through civil court.

Friday the case is being presented for criminal charges so after that they will determine that part. Until that is handled they can’t move forward civilly because civil testification can implicate him criminally so they have to determine if the state will charge him first

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Actually I’d argue that Kyle Smith & Jay Gruden knew what they had in Terry right away. It’s why Jay wouldn’t play Terry in the 2019 preseason. Terry was Jay’s secret weapon that season. 

You know for all Jay’s fault as too much of a players coach etc, etc, Scot McCloughan wasn’t wrong when after he was fired bc Brice Allen wanted all the power back, when Scot said, “As long as Jay Gruden is here the team will be fine, he knows what he’s doing.”

Jay Gruden is better than he was ever given credit for. His off the field conduct really hurt him. He has a great eye for talent and I think he should move to the scouting ranks. 

59 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Been expecting this, No stone unturned kinda thing . 

He seemed like he started playing better for the Saints right before his injury. With the remaining QBs that are left, he’s definitely in the mix. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He seemed like he started playing better for the Saints right before his injury. With the remaining QBs that are left, he’s definitely in the mix. 

Just read Logan Paulsen said he's the top remaining available F A . Not a fan but have to agree . 

• Like 1