Week 17 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Just now, jofos said:

Did it ever occur to you that Burrow was laugh in a pot calling the kettle black kind of way? Or maybe laughing because of the lack of respect of the "you guys got lucky"

I'm sure there were bad calls they happen in EVERY game. Sometimes they work for your team sometimes they don't.

Nah im pretty sure he recognized how the refs helped him out, and was appreciative. Gave them a much needed win. 

Again these calls were egregious, go back in my history i don’t like to complain about the refs unless they deserve it. They had some bad calls on the Bengals too, no where near the same amount though.

20 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Oh that's a tough one. One of those judgment calls the NFL normally structures the rulebook to afford. So, even though a slide or a knee are the most obvious cases of a player giving themselves up, a player can really do so however they want. But basically, they deemed he willingly fell to the ground to avoid contact, rather than dove for the end zone. So that means he's down when the knee hits. Had he reached the ball out or something, they would likely have deemed that a dive for the end zone, not a give up. But it does kind of look like him going down to avoid contact, not to go for the score.

It's like late in games, when guys try to avoid going out of bounds to keep the clock running. You can just fall and curl up and the play is dead.

If thats a rule thats just dumb i could understand it if he slid feet 1st but diving towards a endzone or 1st down marker i don't think anyone is giving themselves up within a foot of it.    But i'll even take the notion lets say he did give himself up then why wasn't that called a late hit by the defender hitting him after he is already on the ground given up?