Week 17 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, Typical_Lions said:

Can you give some examples?

Fake punts, onside kicks, etc. 

52 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

So the Chargers lose every tiebreaker to NE and IND given LAC would be 7-5 in conference (and in a tie scenario, IND & NE would be 8-4).   That means a LAC win over LV, and an IND win over JAX, and LAC is locked into the 7 seed (NE outcome then decides if it's NE/IND in 5-6 spots).

A KC W over DEN locks them into the 2 seed.

KC beats DEN SatNF early game

IND beats JAX Sunday

LAC beats LV SNF

With that result, we get LAC @ KC for Week 1 playoffs.    Herbert-Mahomes 2022, part 3.    Plus it ensures DEN gets a top 11 pick (and better by 1 spot per team with wins by WFT <NYG>, CHI <MIN>, ATL <NO> or SEA <ARI>). 

I'm totally here for it.  

We're winning

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We're winning

Party pooper.

FWIW, the good thing is if Raiders win.....they won't be the 7 seed.   Assuming KC beats DEN (fairly strong odds lol), we won't get LV-KC week 1 playoffs.

As much as I'd love to see Herbert-Mahomes 3 for 2022....I do NOT want a LV-KC v3.   Just a bad matchup with Ruggs out and Waller not 100 percent (and sadly unlikely to be ROS).   LV can beat other teams, but facing KC without Ruggs / fully healthy Waller and the decimated secondary is a bridge too far (and why I do have LAC over LV next week).   Obv TO's can flip the script, but it's a tough draw with the losses on both sides of the ball skill position wise.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Party pooper.

FWIW, the good thing is if Raiders win.....they won't be the 7 seed.   Assuming KC beats DEN (fairly strong odds lol), we won't get LV-KC week 1 playoffs.

As much as I'd love to see Herbert-Mahomes 3 for 2022....I do NOT want a LV-KC v3.   Just a bad matchup with Ruggs out and Waller not 100 percent (and sadly unlikely to be ROS).   LV can beat other teams, but facing KC without Ruggs / fully healthy Waller and the decimated secondary is a bridge too far (and why I do have LAC over LV next week).   Obv TO's can flip the script, but it's a tough draw with the losses on both sides of the ball skill position wise.

Waller was trending towards playing this week before he got covid and should be at full strength when the playoffs start.

The Chargers just got mollywhopped by Rex Burkhead and Davis Mills.

Edited by NYRaider

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Waller was trending towards playing this week before he got covid and should be at full strength when the playoffs start.

The Chargers just got mollywhopped by Rex Burkhead and Davis Mills.

Re: Waller, the original injury isn't a broken bone, but a soft tissue injury, any time the leg/groin is involved with soft tissue injuries, it's likely not 100 percent until after the season's over.   Covid-return is more the cherry on top than the primary concern.

Vs. HOU - no Justin James (2 YPC difference when he's in vs. when he's not), no Bosa & no James.    Still should have won, but big context difference.   Chargers D is one that is so dependent on not losing key guys, but when they're there, with Staley's adjustments (highest 8-in-box post-bye), it works.   When they're not....can really get exposed.  We'll see.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nobody is talking about Amon Ra St. Brown

If the dude was on a halfways decent team he'd be getting way more praise IMO.

i talk about him every week because we traded up and i was sure we were gonna draft him and instead we took DEZ FREAKING FITZPATRICK and i will never be over it

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nobody is talking about Amon Ra St. Brown

If the dude was on a halfways decent team he'd be getting way more praise IMO.

guy against me in fantasy had him and Rashad Penny this week. Took a big L. ARSB is the fantasy MVP of the last ~month

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I mean they barely beat a sleepwalking Colts team that looked bad in all 3 phases. Props to them though they wanted it more.

I mentioned this in the Weekly Bets thread - but be VERY wary of players returning only 2-3 days or less from Covid.  While being vaxxed turns it into a mild to asymptomatic illness - it certainly seems to have robbed the energy and conditioning for these players back on their 1st week back.   Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, Keenan Allen all struggled, and mentioned how little energy they had compared to normal.  Fortunately, it doesn't last long with elite athletes.     Same thing happened with a lot of the Browns & Ravens who returned their first week back.

Reason why I mention it - Wentz was worse than even his usual "bad" self.    He's always vulnerable to those kind of days, but given the timing of his short window before activation, have to think it played a part.  

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I mentioned this in the Weekly Bets thread - but be VERY wary of players returning only 2-3 days or less from Covid.  While being vaxxed turns it into a mild to asymptomatic illness - it certainly seems to have robbed the energy and conditioning for these players back on their 1st week back.   Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, Keenan Allen all struggled, and mentioned how little energy they had compared to normal.  Fortunately, it doesn't last long with elite athletes.     Same thing happened with a lot of the Browns & Ravens who returned their first week back.

Reason why I mention it - Wentz was worse than even his usual "bad" self.    He's always vulnerable to those kind of days, but given the timing of his short window before activation, have to think it played a part.  

Small chance this happens but that’s kinda wild if both teams did this lol.

• Like 1