BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, PR said:

Thank you for communicating.

I honestly relate with some of what you are saying. I love the comradery more than some of the actual parts of the league. I honestly hate game plan writing. If this was a Madden sim league I'd enjoy it more, but it is what it is. 

Bringing on a co-owner has taken some of that weight off my shoulders. I get to take a break from a part of the league I dislike and just chat or just do life things.

I don't want you to go, but maybe share with Daniel on the stuff and maybe you can just enjoy the part you do like. Us :)

Whatever not worth it 

Edited by Whicker

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

What do you even want from me at this point? I see that Daniel is taking over and I say “awesome” after my previous post said I wouldn’t be offended at a new owner and all of a sudden I’m passive aggressive 

Perception, my dude.

"Awesome, I'll see you around" doesn't have a tone to it. In my perception it was you coming on, seeing what occurred, saying the phrase sarcastically and then peacing out without talking about what had upset you.

Trust me, it is used a lot. 

10 minutes ago, Whicker said:

It’s been pretty clear for a while now that I shouldn’t be an owner. The little I have done has been more about fulfilling the obligation rather than wanting to. I really don’t even like football that much anymore and have watched like three games this season. I love you all and I consider many of you to be good friends, but I’m simply not a full time BDLer at this point in my life. I’m okay doing guest game plans or doing game threads or other radial work but I need to face the facts that I’m not an owner 

Me either buddy! It's all good, I could never be an owner.

Legit shout out to @Blue here, who really makes me feel valued. I'm able to have autonomy on gameplans, he takes my draft prospect and FA opinions and trades into account, and makes me feel like an equal despite the absolute FACT that I have ZERO to do with cap, navigating 90% of trade decisions/logistics, and rarely if ever even open a sheet. That's rare to find and I absolutely appreciate him for it.

• Like 1

Speaking of passive aggressive, I don't know what a certain comment was about this morning but here is what I have to say, You either have a problem with people getting free victories or you don't. There is no in between, I am not here to tell you how you should feel.

What I will say is if you're going to complain abouthink to complain about it or if you're not communicating about it but think it is a problem come up with a solution or Sit down. 

Just now, Daniel said:

If Whicker wants out I'm cool with that.  But I would love to have a co-owner, and I think someone else PMed me about it a while back.  With my involvement, I'm going to straight up need a co-owner to not be terrible at this.

I think you and @Whicker should make a little Gotham discord where yall can discuss gameplans, waivers, the team, etc.  That way you don't bother need to be there to communicate.  You can just leave a message or half a gameplan when you have time.

• Like 2

Just now, Daniel said:

If Whicker wants out I'm cool with that.  But I would love to have a co-owner, and I think someone else PMed me about it a while back.  With my involvement, I'm going to straight up need a co-owner to not be terrible at this.

I’ll be your co owner. I’m good at managing the cap I think. I just don’t want to be solely responsible for the daily activities because I get burned out really quickly and don’t have the time to do the required research and reading for voting. 

• Like 4

Speaking of passive aggressive, I don't know what a certain comment was about this morning but I'm going to share my two cents on it anyways. If you think this is about free victories, then you haven't been paying attention. I'm not here to tell people they have to pay attention or not. But if they feel the need to still share their opinion in such a format then I think they need to share a solution or sit down.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Speaking of passive aggressive, I don't know what a certain comment was about this morning but I'm going to share my two cents on it anyways. If you think this is about free victories, then you haven't been paying attention. I'm not here to tell people they have to pay attention or not. But if they feel the need to still share their opinion in such a format then I think they need to share a solution or sit down.

Maybe you should come out and just say what it is you're trying to say instead of treating people like they are supposed to read your mind.  I have a lot of respect for you and I'm sure that what you have to say people should hear so why not just say it

Edited by wwhickok