BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Final Cancun trading block before the deadline:

OT David Bakhtiari
LB David Long
LB Elandon Roberts
S Jalen Thompson

We're also willing to take on cap for picks, since we currently have the most cap space in the league.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not sure whether or not we're still arguing about Buffalo, so:

NFL pundits are ignorant to the Jags and dropped them to bottom 5 of their power rankings behind teams like the Texans despite showing life every week.

• Like 2

@Scoundrel @Jlash @SirA1 @RedGold @bcb1213

I'm reviewing the workbook and with your permission would like to make a few changes to the team roster sheets.

Basically, looking to set it up so that we could view the roster for future years to give us a better idea of where you stand in terms of players on the roster, salary cap details to help with game planning for the future.  It's why I was earlier asking about future league cap info.

I can set it up for one team and if you think it would be useful I'll alter the other team sheets.  In addition, if there is any other changes to the workbook that you'd like   

Is there anything else you guys would like added to the workbook?

Thanks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm reviewing the workbook and with your permission would like to make a few changes to the team roster sheets.

Basically, looking to set it up so that we could view the roster for future years to give us a better idea of where you stand in terms of players on the roster, salary cap details to help with game planning for the future.  It's why I was earlier asking about future league cap info.

I can set it up for one team and if you think it would be useful I'll alter the other team sheets.  In addition, if there is any other changes to the workbook that you'd like   

Thanks.

Don’t matter to me.  I think quite a few people have their own sheet, they keep personally,  to work with future.   

You can toy with Seoul,  I don’t really look at mine 

27 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Thanks.

Ok...Using your team roster @Scoundrel if you or whomever is interested in checking it out, I've added a drop down list in cell F12, that allows you to change the contract year from 2022 to a future year.  Once changed it will adjust the team roster listing as well as the League cap and team cap info.  

There is other things that will affect the cap like 3 up/down and the draft but I'll need to learn more about how that affects the future cap before making those changes.

Anyway, please check it out in the Anchorage Trappers sheet and let me know if you guys think it would be helpful or not.

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uBjcFFaaF1apCSBgF7FIp65jeH7ew6K4YTOaqXmgBCI/edit#gid=32441151

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Don’t matter to me.  I think quite a few people have their own sheet, they keep personally,  to work with future.   

You can toy with Seoul,  I don’t really look at mine 

I get that...I use my own as well but I also link it the main workbook so I get automatic updates where others I don't think can do that without permissions.  

You know me I like to tinker with the workbooks...haha.  Like a crackhead with a scab.

I just finished up the Anchorage Trappers sheet as a test if you wouldn't mind giving it a look.

Thanks man.

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@RedGold  What do you think man?  Waste of time or do you think guys would use it?

It would probably be useful,  just to filter out guys that are leaving the same year.   I'd let someone else speak up,  I don't really use the sheet for much on the team workbook section.

I wouldn't like the years left showing 0 for the whole last year I had them though,    that may just by an ocd thing for me.

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

It would probably be useful,  just to filter out guys that are leaving the same year.   I'd let someone else speak up,  I don't really use the sheet for much on the team workbook section.

I wouldn't like the years left showing 0 for the whole last year I had them though,    that may just by an ocd thing for me.

Fair enough.

As for the years left showing 0, I think I could change that by altering the formula I'm using.  Did zero because when reading the column header, "Years left" it just sounded right for it to be zero.

thanks.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Ok...Using your team roster @Scoundrel if you or whomever is interested in checking it out, I've added a drop down list in cell F12, that allows you to change the contract year from 2022 to a future year.  Once changed it will adjust the team roster listing as well as the League cap and team cap info.  

There is other things that will affect the cap like 3 up/down and the draft but I'll need to learn more about how that affects the future cap before making those changes.

Anyway, please check it out in the Anchorage Trappers sheet and let me know if you guys think it would be helpful or not.

Thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uBjcFFaaF1apCSBgF7FIp65jeH7ew6K4YTOaqXmgBCI/edit#gid=32441151

@Pickle Rick @Ragnarok @Blue @MD4L @Whicker @wwhickok @PR @RuskieTitan @rackcs @EaglesPeteC 

Apologies for all the tags but looking for your opinions on this adjustment to the team roster sheets within the workbook.

I'm thinking it would be helpful for you guys to see what the future cap and the rosters would look like by simply changing the contract year.

Let me know what you guys think, if you like it I'll make the adjustments to all the team rosters in the workbook.  If you don't care then I won't continue.

Thanks

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@Pickle Rick @Ragnarok @Blue @MD4L @Whicker @wwhickok @PR @RuskieTitan @rackcs @EaglesPeteC 

Apologies for all the tags but looking for your opinions on this adjustment to the team roster sheets within the workbook.

I'm thinking it would be helpful for you guys to see what the future cap and the rosters would look like by simply changing the contract year.

Let me know what you guys think, if you like it I'll make the adjustments to all the team rosters in the workbook.  If you don't care then I won't continue.

Thanks

I already have an Excel sheet tracking all of this, would be nice to be able to check that info for other people.