GDT: Titans @ Texans (#1 seed edition)

Mesa_Titan

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I have no evidence to support this, but I think our coaches like Racey. I think they see him as a project worth investing time in. Clearly they trust him more than Dez, which is saying something.

Yea that and his special teams value.. I’d love for him to develop. Having a 6’4 WR with 4.3 speed is always needed eventhough I don’t think he plays with 4.3 speed or we’d use like we did Raymond

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And last year Fulton had barely played.

We had a ton of injuries, all over, including lots of guys with no injury history.  Elijah Molden looks good right now.  Monty Rice looked good pre-injury.  Rashad Weaver looked good pre-injury.  Dillon Radunz showed enormous improvement from his first start.

Your draft class isn't supposed to make an immediate impact.  That's generally an unrealistic expectation.  Given the team's record with development, there's still a lot of reasons to like the draft class.

I’m sorry but if you’re drafting an OT that high, he should be playing over the worst RT in the league. Farley should be starting over Jenkins right now for the hype he got but surprise surprise he’s hurt. 

I personally think this organization still has faith that Dez will develop into a no 3 or 4 WR.  But are using Racey now for his upside on special teams.   Radnuz may be a little slow developing into a full time starter but has shown progress and growth in his starts and I feel the organization thinks he will be a full time high level starter next year or by 2023 which would make that a solid draft pick.  Farley if uninjured would be starting now IMO... or at least playing regular snaps as No3 CB. And yes I understand he had health concerns  and now injured so a "bad" pick, but is the injury any way related to his issue if not then yes you can say we got no value or less then expected value, or its a wasted pick but not say its a "bad" pick. Looking at our top 6 I see no reason to call it a fail.  Complaining our 4th round WR is not a starter seems rather harsh...  and yes we may not like that the team drafted a OL in the second they "KNEW" was going to be slow to develop but that is what we did and we can not grade that pick for another 2-3 years...

This year we are picking either 32 or some where between 29 or 27 depending upon who wins super bowl.

36 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I like it. Definitely makes sense in our offense. Big target for redzone. Feel like he will bring the same if not better production than Pruitt.

Jumps off the tape!!!

looks like he could be Swaim's brother

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

I like it. Definitely makes sense in our offense. Big target for redzone. Feel like he will bring the same if not better production than Pruitt.

Yeah, I’m a fan. The Patriots use TE’s a lot like we do, so it’s no surprise they nabbed someone from that ilk. That’s what baffles me about how Jonnu has been so underwhelming there. 

• Like 1

one thing that gives me hope for farley moving forward is that our CB evals have generally been quite strong under robinson. fulton, molden, jackson all looking to be really solid pickups. just gotta cross our fingers farley stays healthy.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

one thing that gives me hope for farley moving forward is that our CB evals have generally been quite strong under robinson. fulton, molden, jackson all looking to be really solid pickups. just gotta cross our fingers farley stays healthy.

seems to make splash plays, too.

good ball player

In case it wasn’t entirely clear why the offense was miserable without AJ and Julio, this is a pretty nice example. AJ completely clears the middle, NWI has the corner on his outside hip for an in-breaking route, and he still can’t even give Tannehill a hint of a throwing window. And he was WR1 for real stretches this year.