The Boys - Season 3 - June 3rd

Deadpulse

20 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Very up and down first 3 episodes. 

Not sure how they don't realize they have just about everything they need.  They have Sister Sage meeting with the three guys directly before they were murdered, video and photos of A-Train, Noir, and Deep going in and Homelander coming out directly after the timeframe the guys were murdered.

About the only really gripping things are Butcher trying to connect with Ryan, Starlight having at least some dirt to make her interesting, and I agree that the new talking Noir has probably been the funniest thing this season.

This is what is keeping me hooked.

Spoiler

Butcher tossing those cookies is maybe the biggest piece of character development we've gotten out of him, and it was really nice to see as a viewer. It's the last thing I expected. I think, maybe, it is setting up for Butcher to have to actually be vulnerable and embrace a dad role to Ryan to ultimately "win" at the end.

Has felt like most shows after a big contract reup or like the first season fully developed while a shows already landed. First 3 seasons they kinda had the gist for going in, this one you can kinda feel them trying to hold onto that magic a bit too hard. Just the feeling of those first 3 eps, felt like a lot of let’s spin the wheels on every character to give them something little to do on their own.

Hopefully it’s just a start of the season thing

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Has felt like most shows after a big contract reup or like the first season fully developed while a shows already landed. First 3 seasons they kinda had the gist for going in, this one you can kinda feel them trying to hold onto that magic a bit too hard. Just the feeling of those first 3 eps, felt like a lot of let’s spin the wheels on every character to give them something little to do on their own.

100% agreed on the first three episodes, but I did think episode 4 was a significant improvement.

MM being in charge just doesn't seem to work, but then again, I think it's supposed to feel that way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

100% agreed on the first three episodes, but I did think episode 4 was a significant improvement.

MM being in charge just doesn't seem to work, but then again, I think it's supposed to feel that way.

Episode 4 was definitely better than the first 3, but I think the show is starting to have the same problems the comic had. It's absurd, grotesque, and obscene for the purposes of being absurd, grotesque, and obscene. 

The only characters actually growing as characters are Butcher and Ryan, and that's why they are easily the most interesting characters this season. Starlight's arc and character were helped a bit by this episode as well.

Antony Starr is obviously amazing as Homelander, and he's still killing it, but it has been the same character now for 4 seasons and it is getting a little old. Yeah, we know he is sadistic and psychotic.

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Episode 4 was definitely better than the first 3, but I think the show is starting to have the same problems the comic had. It's absurd, grotesque, and obscene for the purposes of being absurd, grotesque, and obscene. 

The only characters actually growing as characters are Butcher and Ryan, and that's why they are easily the most interesting characters this season. Starlight's arc and character were helped a bit by this episode as well.

Antony Starr is obviously amazing as Homelander, and he's still killing it, but it has been the same character now for 4 seasons and it is getting a little old. Yeah, we know he is sadistic and psychotic.

This past episode was a nice look into how he became this way at least.

It does make it a bit surprising why anyone familiar with his upbringing doesn't fully understand why he is this way.

I have a hard time seeing them keep the momentum for another season.    

Yes there are new characters.   The problem is they don’t really add much to the show.   And their extreme moments just feel like “been there done that”.    Black Noir, Sister Sage & Firecracker just aren’t adding much juice to the show yet.   

And we’re definitely getting fatigue on how many different trials we can put on the gang members.    I’m having a hard time getting into Frenchie & Kimiko’s arcs 

Homelander, Butcher / Ryan & Starlight arcs are decent.   The rest just aren’t nearly as interesting.     Maybe Kessler will add some juice to the Boys but it definitely feels like they’re more into shock value gore than doing something fresh and interesting.     There’s still time but I wonder how they make the next 12 eps catch & keep my interest.   

E4 was excellent. 

Liking this season so far. Firecracker makes me laugh but not really sure how she's a supe. I know they displayed her "powers" earlier but I feel there's got to be more to them. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

On 6/20/2024 at 10:33 PM, Kiltman said:

I agree feels like the show is wasting time on boring subplots like Frenchie and his love interest. I’ve been skipping some of their scenes together sorry it’s boring lol. I wish they would use the time building more of the Boys universe and we get to see more interesting supes. Splinter despite how mentally unstable he was had cool powers. More impressive than most of the seven tbh. Hopefully the show picks up momentum for the series finale.

17 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

E4 was excellent. 

Liking this season so far. Firecracker makes me laugh but not really sure how she's a supe. I know they displayed her "powers" earlier but I feel there's got to be more to them. 

I find it funny how weaker overall the Seven has become. Originally they had Translucent, Mavae, Homelander and A-Train they all had impressive powers. Even the original Black Noir was more impressive. Now it’s really just Homelander and A-train. Everyone else are lackluster lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

I find it funny how weaker overall the Seven has become. Originally they had Translucent, Mavae, Homelander and A-Train they all had impressive powers. Even the original Black Noir was more impressive. Now it’s really just Homelander and A-train. Everyone else are lackluster lol.

Never really thought about this but you're definitely right. Wonder if it's calculated b/c Homelander is an egotistical maniac and power hungry. Even Lamp Lighter seemed like he was pretty dope. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Never really thought about this but you're definitely right. Wonder if it's calculated b/c Homelander is an egotistical maniac and power hungry. Even Lamp Lighter seemed like he was pretty dope. 

You know it is.  Homelander doesn't want the slightest threat of anyone half as powerful as him.  His ego can't handle not being seen as the best and most perfect guy who ever existed and he thinks he's strong enough to handle anything or anyone on his own the rest of The Seven are just decorative ornaments in his mind.

• Like 2