Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

42 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  In the first game against the 49ers, the Packers defense held SF to 298 total yards, 4.6 yards per play, 5.3 yards per pass, 67 yards rushing on 3.2 yards per rush and forced two turnovers.

It took true weirdness for the 49ers to score enough for that game to be close.

Kyle Shanahan went for it at the end of the first half on a play that if it's not a TD, the clock expires and it's 17-0 through 2.

A special teams blunder set that score up.

And with it 24-14, a truly terrible DPI call on Eric Stokes extended a drive on 3rd-and-14.

I rewatched the highlights from that game today and Davante had a bad drop on 3rd down to kill a drive and then Rodgers and Davante uncharacteristically failed to complete a pretty routine pass for Them in the red zone that forced them to kick a FG.

pete probably shouldn’t act surprised special teams effed GB though hah

2 hours ago, Leader said:

LOL. This is entirely off base. I'm not "scared" of any team - but quite simply see taking the path of least resistance as the best case scenario to actually getting into the SB.  Its nothing more than simple logic. Why would I want to play all the toughest teams?

Last year - I saw the Bucs as the greatest threat to our getting there.....was monitoring them for weeks.....and sure enough, they knocked us out.

Would I have preferred playing New Orleans in the NFCCG?  Yes. Wouldnt you?

Well, I wasn't specifically talking about you but go off, I guess.

There are plenty who are scared/saying this was worst case scenario. And it seems like a good chunk of it is based on the '19 game...even though the Packers are 2-0 vs. them since that nightmarish game.

If the Packers play a clean game vs. that Bucs team last year, they win. And that's true of any opponent last year and this year. 

Don't commit 14 penalties. Don't have careless turnovers. Win the game. This 49ers team, while good, has flaws this healthy Packers team can exploit.

• Like 2