Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

On 1/17/2022 at 3:24 PM, Refugee said:

Z and especially Mercillus are not a given, I would love them both to come back healthy and hungry but that remains to be seen. Our front 7 will be working all game and it would be great to see them dominate. KC has just steadily been a force for us all year.  This would be a great time for him to shift into the next gear and just ruin everyone’s day on their line. 

I have a feeling Z and Mercilus will only have spot duty to give Preston and Gary breathers.

22 hours ago, 15412 said:

I would think weather could be a deciding factor here.  As late as we play if it were to be getting windier or colder or better chance of snow later one might want the ball right away to start the game.

I may be in the minority here but I don't know if the weather is as big a factor as we fans would like to think it is.   Unless we get Ice Bowl 2, of course.  One good thing in our favor is SF might not be as fast at Lambeau as they appeared to be in Dallas on that turf.

22 hours ago, Green19 said:

Serious question… all I hear is how bad of a match up 49ers are for GB, yet they have the largest spread betting wise of all the games this coming weekend.

Is every other favorite in worse shape than GB, because all the talking heads are treating it like GB are dead men walking.

The talking heads are talking like this is 2019 and not 2022.  I never understood why folks think what happened a couple of years ago has any bearing on what will happen now.

Edited by Pugger

Think the Packers will shut them down early.  Get a big lead.  Don't think they will fear G throwing it deep.  Around midway through the 3rd quarter Shanny will get desperate and put in Lance.  He'll perform well and try to make a game out of it.  Too little too late.  Pack 31 SF 23.  There my pregame prediction.  

44 minutes ago, Pugger said:

The talking heads are talking like this is 2019 and not 2022.  I never understood why folks think what happened a couple of years ago has any bearing on what will happen now.

I watched Good Morning Football on the NFLN this morning and dumbass Peter brought up the Kaepernick days of beating us in the playoffs like it was somehow relevant. LOL. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My response was strictly on the low pain threshold comment. You can say he had an Academy Award winning performance or whatever you want to say

Warners' initial reaction is consistent with having a prior injury on his ankle - the same cells that are responsible for aiding the healing process also release pain mediators IF the site is re-injured. Because of the previous injury in week 14, there is already a low level of pain sensation and what the athletes' body is doing upon re-injury is turning up the pain sensation to really high levels in a desperate attempt to get you to stop whatever you're doing.

These intense pain sensations can sometimes manifest as a player grabbing his knee - even though the ankle is the site of injury. The re-injury is flooding the entire area with biochemical pain signals ( in part to overcome the attenuation from adrenaline) so he might feel super intense pain for a short period of time.

Later in the game-  we saw Warner on the sidelines jumping up and down-  because at that point... the initial pain-signal flood is over and the adrenaline is now masking the lower level pain . Once the adrenaline rush dies down, swelling and pain return. All very typical responses.

“It was just a change of direction,” Warner described to reporters Tuesday. “My cleat got stuck in the ground. My ankle just kind of folded underneath itself. … After that, it was just sheer pain.” “When I [hurt] my ankle in Cincinnati, I still played the rest of the game even when it happened,” Warner said.
“But yeah, it was a re-aggravation. I think that’s why it might have felt worse this time around.
Re-hurting an open wound kind of situation.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Warners' initial reaction is consistent with having a prior injury on his ankle - the same cells that are responsible for aiding the healing process also release pain mediators IF the site is re-injured. Because of the previous injury in week 14, there is already a low level of pain sensation and what the athletes' body is doing upon re-injury is turning up the pain sensation to really high levels in a desperate attempt to get you to stop whatever you're doing.

These intense pain sensations can sometimes manifest as a player grabbing his knee - even though the ankle is the site of injury. The re-injury is flooding the entire area with biochemical pain signals ( in part to overcome the attenuation from adrenaline) so he might feel super intense pain for a short period of time.

Later in the game-  we saw Warner on the sidelines jumping up and down-  because at that point... the initial pain-signal flood is over and the adrenaline is now masking the lower level pain . Once the adrenaline rush dies down, swelling and pain return. All very typical responses.

“It was just a change of direction,” Warner described to reporters Tuesday. “My cleat got stuck in the ground. My ankle just kind of folded underneath itself. … After that, it was just sheer pain.” “When I [hurt] my ankle in Cincinnati, I still played the rest of the game even when it happened,” Warner said.
“But yeah, it was a re-aggravation. I think that’s why it might have felt worse this time around.
Re-hurting an open wound kind of situation.”

Good stuff my man!