New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills Wild Card Round

The Third Rider

4 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I wouldn't call it a major advantage. But yes, the Patriots lack talent and need real athletes on the team. Especially at receiver. The front 7 is also severely lacking in that regard. We got 1 good pass rusher and that's it. No good coverage linebackers. 

They're still the most well coached and prepared team in the league on a week to week basis. There was certainly some issues this year with the mechanics and penalties, but that should be fixable. It's virtually impossible to play a unit with as many first year players as they did without that happening.

Front 7 definitely needs to be revamped. I don't know if Uche took a backseat due to all the veteran/captains returning but he needs to be part of the picture going into next year. Among other things...

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

They're still the most well coached and prepared team in the league on a week to week basis. There was certainly some issues this year with the mechanics and penalties, but that should be fixable. It's virtually impossible to play a unit with as many first year players as they did without that happening.

Front 7 definitely needs to be revamped. I don't know if Uche took a backseat due to all the veteran/captains returning but he needs to be part of the picture going into next year. Among other things...

last 5 weeks I beg to differ.

• Like 4

After these last two games I would actually be surprised if BB didn't try and sign isaiah mckenzie this offseason. 

I have a strong feeling we are going to see massive changes to this defense. Hightower / McCourty could be gone .. JC Jackson could be tagged or tagged and traded .. we've got to assume JoeJuan Williams is gone .. Jon Jones could be gone... youth could add speed but could also result in another developmental year while young guys get it together. The defense is going to need Uche to take a major leap .. remember Anfernee Jennings? LB needs an overhaul .. have to hope Mcgrone and Perkins can step in and get some playing time too. 

Agholor had some real SMH moments.. I don't think anyone would even trade for him at this point.. will be interesting to see what they do with him. 

How this team gave Jonnu Smith so much money and NEVER figured out how to use him.. after an entire season is ridiculous. 

Bourne and Henry were great signings.. don't know where this offense would be without them. 

Not to mention coaching.. Mcdaniels could be gone.. they need a new Special Teams coach .. Mayo could be gone .. they need a lot of coaching help and BB only ever wants to promote from within. He is spreading himself too thin and that has caused this team to be poorly coached imo. All of the penalties, confusion, awful special teams.. too many men on the field, etc etc. 

Edited by Crimmage

12 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

The Bengals will draw the Titans where I give them a decent chance but I don't see them walk into Buffalo/KC and win, so yeah. Don't like the Packers really either, so it most likely will have to be Brady again...

I would not be so quick Bengals not winning. They have skill players all over the field. You can't judge the Bills based on the Pats slow motion offense. 😁

Reactionary thought: Given how many needs this team has.. what are the odds BB tries to tag and trade JC? 

I wonder what they could really get for him.. if it's just a 1st rounder that doesn't seem like you are gaining much, even in a great CB draft. I wonder if they could push for a 1st and 2nd from a team or at least a 1st and 3rd given that this appears to be a bad CB free agency. 

I'm going to miss McCourty.. but unless he signs a real cheap deal it seems like he is gone. I hoped he would retire a Patriot but he has said already that he still wants to play. 

Hightower seems like a prime candidate to retire. Bentley I could see resigned to be a veteran presence on this team.. but they REALLY need speed at LB. It may be time to stop drafting exclusively 250+ pound LB's.. I'd really like to see Uche focus on playing ILB full time.. he's so darn athletic that he could be special there. 

Just now, m haynes said:

How do you judge him against the slo mo Pats defense?????

I think it will just be a matter of speed and special teams.. if you get him relatively cheap.. he can replace Gunner on special teams and give you an extra speed threat outside of Agholor ( assuming he is still here) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

The Bengals will draw the Titans where I give them a decent chance but I don't see them walk into Buffalo/KC and win, so yeah. Don't like the Packers really either, so it most likely will have to be Brady again...

I think you can pencil in Green Bay out of the NFC and either Chiefs or maybe Bills out of AFC. Basically next weeks winner of Bills/Chiefs will win the AFC. As for Bucs they're way to banged up and have too many problems in the secondary to win in Green Bay and it wouldn't surprise me if they got beat prior to the NFC title game.

Just now, NFL Network said:

I think you can pencil in Green Bay out of the NFC and either Chiefs or maybe Bills out of AFC. Basically next weeks winner of Bills/Chiefs will win the AFC. As for Bucs they're way to banged up and have too many problems in the secondary to win in Green Bay and it wouldn't surprise me if they got beat prior to the NFC title game.

I think you are right.