Dolphins fire HC Brian Flores

.Buzz

51 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Not until after Trent Brown came back. Pass blocking (especially at RT) was an issue for the entire first half of the year.

No one on your line, not even your backup, is anywhere close to as bad as Jesse Davis, Austin Jackson, Austin Reiter, or Liam Echienberg dude lol

If you say so. I've watched Tua a bunch of times now and he really seems to have a poor feel for the pocket. He makes a lot of panicky throws while drifting from pressure, like he's playing not to get hurt. 
Whereas Jones' pocket movement is already on par with that of a lot of veterans. Easily one of his best traits as a QB. 

I've watched every game Tua played and while his pocket presence is occasionally rocky he makes some great precision passes. Personally I've not been impressed with Mac Jones when I watched him play, although I admit its only the two Dolphins games I watched him (plus some bits and pieces here and there)

Then again, being that Miami and New England both have relatively strong defenses, if all we've seen of each other's QB is those games, I will grant you we've likely seen only some of the worst games from the other's QB.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Yasir Durant and James Ferentz say hello

i'd trade Davis or Jackson for either of those guys in a heartbeat (altho mainly cause I want them gone asap). And either way they started a combined total of 3 games. Davis, Jackson, and Eichenberg were being trotted out all season long.

• Like 1

I’m pretty bummed about this firing, for the first time since 2008 when Sporano went 11-5 have I felt optimistic about the future of this team. Stephen Ross has got to be one of the worst owners of not the worst and in his own league of worst. There are reports that he was “obsessed” with getting Watson, then he fires the best HC we’ve had since I’ve been a fan, which was 2003, for wanting Watson and the reports that Flores wanted to draft Herbert, well maybe Ross should have listened to Flores more, although I understand the staff was lacking, I mean it’s obvious if you see even one play of this O-Line. Ross has been notorious for going after someone while that position is already filled and then not getting the deal done and making it awkward for the player/coach. I don’t remember the exact year but the first time Jim Harbaugh was getting attention in the NFL everyone thought Miami would hire him, Ross even flew him out to Miami ans basically interviewed him all the while, we had a HC in place and it’s not like there was talk of him getting fired, now with the Tua/Watson situation it’s just like we finally were on a good path, the Defense has been amazing, yes the o-line has sucked and the run game has suffered and I believe Tua has suffered from that too, although I did want them to draft Herbert I think it’s unfair to judge Tua with the chaos that’s been going on around him. 2 different OC’s since Tua got here already, no run game, no o-line. I wish Ross would sell, I really do. As long as he’s around we won’t be a good team.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 10:36 AM, Apparition said:

Yasir Durant and James Ferentz say hello

wouldn't Ferentz basically be there because his dad is a legendary coach and he could develop into a OL coach in house down the line? That's basically my read on why he'd be rostered at the end of his career.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

wouldn't Ferentz basically be there because his dad is a legendary coach and he could develop into a OL coach in house down the line? That's basically my read on why he'd be rostered at the end of his career.

Brian is the heir apparent in Iowa, but yeah it's a safe bet James will be a coach soon too.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Don't discount the possibility - that 49ers pick getting lower and lower, you could get him with that FRP.

Would be absolutely hilarious to see what they do when trades finally complete all the pieces and see Tunsil listed on both sides. I'm not positive, but I assume the 49er pick is from a Texans pick from the Tunsil trade. 

• Like 1