Dolphins fire HC Brian Flores

.Buzz

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So apparently he told Tua he should’ve drafted Mac Jones. I think it’s kinda funny. But I can’t help but thinking that if Urban Meyer had said that it would be round the clock breaking news on ESPN with a **** storm of outrage.

Is Mac Jones really better than Tua?  I'd say the jury is still out on that.

Regarding Urban, if he had said that, it would have correctly been a fireable offense, even though I will admit Mac had the better season up in New England.

Edited by Uncle Buck

31 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So apparently he told Tua he should’ve drafted Mac Jones. I think it’s kinda funny. But I can’t help but thinking that if Urban Meyer had said that it would be round the clock breaking news on ESPN with a **** storm of outrage.

Its not true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is Mac Jones really better than Tua?  I'd say the jury is still out on that.

Regarding Urban, if he had said that, it would have correctly been a fireable offense, even though I will admit Mac had the better season up in New England.

Mac Jones is absolutely better than Tua, even as a rookie. The kid has pizzazz.

Edited by NudeTayne

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Mac Jones is absolutely better than Tua, even as a rookie. The kid has pizzazz.

I haven't seen much of either one of them.  Tua looked OK in the game against us in London, granted it was against our defense.  Still, he threw some nice passes. 

As for Mac, I listened the audio stream of our game against the Pats a couple weeks ago with the intention of watching the replay on NFL Game Pass after it was over.  When they put up that 50-burger on us, I didn't even feel like watching it.

I respect your opinion, so I'll take your word on Mac over Tua.  I'll be checking Mac's game out this weekend, so I'll gave a little more informed opinion on him.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/14/texans-quickly-interview-brian-flores-for-head-coaching-vacancy/amp/

2nd interview in five days - he's going to get a job seven days after being terminated, isn't he?

At least he appears to be a competent coach. 

The Jets hired Gase less than two weeks after Miami fired him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Tua wasn't pressured all that much more frequently than Mac (20.9% to 18.4%). Tua just sucks when he doesn't have a clean pocket. 

because we had to limit the offense to exclusively short passing plays & RPO due to an all-time poor pass blocking unit. It helped mask some of the offensive line issues, but made it virtually impossible if a long developing pass play was required.

Mac Jones didn't have to deal with this, as he has one of the best offensive lines blocking for him.

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Mac Jones didn't have to deal with this, as he has one of the best offensive lines blocking for him.

Not until after Trent Brown came back. Pass blocking (especially at RT) was an issue for the entire first half of the year. 

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

because we had to limit the offense to exclusively short passing plays & RPO due to an all-time poor pass blocking unit. It helped mask some of the offensive line issues, but made it virtually impossible if a long developing pass play was required.

If you say so. I've watched Tua a bunch of times now and he really seems to have a poor feel for the pocket. He makes a lot of panicky throws while drifting from pressure, like he's playing not to get hurt. 
Whereas Jones' pocket movement is already on par with that of a lot of veterans. Easily one of his best traits as a QB. 

Edited by Apparition